|At Millesgården. , 1919. Photo: Yanan Li|
Photo by: © Max Plunger
- Fotografiska (photography)- four summer exhibitions... Cathleen Naundorf "Secret Times" (May 25th to September 9th), Linda McCartney & Mary McCartney "Mother Daughter" (June 1st to Sept 2nd), Simen Johan "Until the Kingdom Comes" (June 15th to Sept 23rd) and Evelyn Bencicova "Merror" (June 15th to Sept 23rd). Something for everyone!
- Moderna (modern art)- they have an ongoing exhibition n Egyptian surrealism called "Art et Liberté" (until August 12th) as well as the upcoming Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg (June 16th to Sept 9th). And don't miss visiting their private collection (always with free admission).
At Moderna: Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg, Worship, 2016 Stop motion animation, 08:26 min © Nathalie Djurberg & Hans Berg/Bildupphovsrätt 2018
- ArkDes (architecture & design)- their main exhibition is Public Luxury (June 1st to Jan 13th, 2019) as well as another exhibition on Architecture in Sweden (June 20th to Dec 31st).
- Millesgården (sculpture and art)- most people come here to visit their amazing sculpture garden, but they do have a gallery with temporary exhibitions and the summer exhibition is "20th century! Picasso, Dali, Leger and more from the Didrichsen Collection" (June 16th to Sept 2nd).
- National (classic art and design)- closed this summer and reopening again, after a longer renovation, on October 13th.
- Kulturhuset (mixed art)- their ongoing exhibition is "Being Alexander Lervik" (until August 5th).
"Being Alexander Lervik" at Kulturhuset.
Photo by Matilda Rahm
Spike, 2013. Stol i metall och trä, begänsad upplaga.
- Thielska Galleriet (fine art, Scandinavian)- besides their great collection of Scandinavian master, they also have temporary exhibitions like Elin Elfström & Emanuel Röhss - Installations in the Park (June 9th to Oct 7th) and Tyra Kleen- Artist, Vagabon, Adventurer (June 16th to Sept 23rd).
- Artipelag (art museum in archipelago setting)- their major ongoing exhibition is Bloomsbury Spirit (until September 30th) and their upcoming exhibit is Detour (June 7th to Nov 4th). During the summer months, Strömma offers a boat cruise to Artipelag (round trip from June 25th).
- Prins Eugen's Waldemarsudde (fine art, Scandinavian)- their current exhibition (until Aug 26th) is Sigrid Hjertén - A Masterful Colorist, and their upcoming summer exhibit is Nordic Art 1880-1940 (June 16th to Sept 16th). Click here for more information. Don't miss visiting Prins Eugen's home, garden and art collection while you are there as well.
Prins Eugens Waldermarsudde
Interior of the salon, communal floor.
(Interiör från salongen i slottets sällskapsvåning.) Photo: Åke E:son Lindman
- Liljevalchs (contemporary art)- after an extended period of renovations, they have reopened and their main, current exhibition is Lars Lerin (until Sept 9th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- closed this summer. Last day is June 10th, reopens on Sept 5th.
- Sven-Harry's Konsthall (mixed art)- their ongoing summer exhibition is The Worlds of Peter Dahl (until Aug 19th). Don't miss visiting the replica of Sven-Harry's home on the rooftop of the museum with his art collection, as well as the rooftop terrace.
Peter Dahl, Self Portrait with grandma's sofa. 1953, oil on canvas.
at Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum.