Art Exhibitions This Fall
- "Turner, Monet, Twombly" at Moderna (modern art museum)- an exhibition featuring three of the great painters from the last 150 years. Showing until January 15th, 2012. Another current exhibition is their collection of photography featuring the likes of Newton, Penn, Arbus and Mapplethorpe (until February, 2012).
- "The Peredvizhniki" at the Nationalmuseum (national art museum)- Social realism and folktales... Pioneers in Russian painting (until January 22, 2012). Another current exhibition is "Four Seasons", a look at the changing seasons through the eyes of Swedish painters from the late 1800's (until May, 2012).
- "On This Earth, a Shadow Falls" at Fotografiska (photography museum)- black and white photography of African wildlife taken by photographer Nick Brandt.
- "Carl Fredrik Hill" at Waldemarsudde- an exhibition of the work of Carl Fredrik Hill in the celebration of the 100th anniversary of his death (until January 29th, 2012).
- "Hell" at Liljevalchs- an appropriately titled exhibition looking at "the dark to which art constantly returns". A mix of 19th century and modern art. Showing until January 8th, 2012.