- 13th- Eddie Izzard at Globe Arenas.
- 13th & 14th- Medieval Market in the park Kungsträdgården.
- 20th- Annual Cherry Blossom day in the park Kungsträdgården.
- 20th- Stockholm Culture Night- free admission to over 100 events. Museums stay open late, boat rides, concerts, etc;
- 20th to 24th- Justin Bieber at Friends Arena.
- 27th- The Gröna Lund amusement park opens for the summer!
- 30th- Walpurgis Eve (Valborgmässoafton) is celebrated throughout the city with bonfires. Skansen is a good place to go this evening.
- 1st- The Vasa Museum reopens after a few weeks of expansion/renovations.
- 1st- International Workers' Day (bank holiday). Political demonstrations in the city.
- 3rd through 19th- World Championships in Ice Hockey at the Globe Arenas.
- 3rd, 4th and 11th- Bruce Springsteen at Friends Arena.
- 7th- ABBA the Museum opens for business (within the larger Swedish Music Hall of Fame).
- 8th- One Direction at Friends Arena.
- 9th- Ascension Day (bank holiday).
- 19th- The finals for the World Championships in Ice Hockey (see above).
- 24th to 26th- Elitloppet. Harness racing with horses at Solvalla.
- 25th- Josh Groban at Globe Arenas.
- 26th- Pink at Globe Arenas.
- 29th- Beyonce at Globe Arenas.
- 1st- KISS at Friends Arena.
- 1st- Stockholm Marathon. A good day to leave your car at home and take the subway!
- 4th to 9th- Early Music Festival in Gamla Stan. Renaissance, Baroque and Medieval music concerts.
- 5th to 9th- A Taste of Stockholm. Restaurant festival in Kungsträdgården park. Food, drink & music!
- 6th- Swedish National Holiday (bank holiday). Once again, Skansen is a good place to go to celebrate.
- 8th- The wedding of HRH Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.
- 13th to 15th- Hultsfred Festival. Iconic music festival moving to Stockholm this year.
- 14th & 15th- Summerburst Festival (club/electronic music) at Stadion.
- 15th- Rod Stewart at Globe Arenas.
- 21st to 23rd- Midsummer celebrations. Arguably, the biggest holiday in Sweden (bank holiday on Friday). The best place to celebrate? Skansen!
July (generally a slower month, event-wise, because many Swedes have vacation and leave the city.
- 13th- Iron Maiden at Friends Arena.
- 22nd- Rihanna at Globe Arenas.
- 27th- Concert with Benny Andersson Orchestra at Galejan at Skansen.
- 28th- The finals of Women's European Football Championships at Friends Arena. Playoff games throughout Sweden from July 8th.
- 30th to August 3rd- Stockholm Gay Pride Festival.
- July 30th to August 3rd- Stockholm Gay Pride Festival. Parade through the city on Saturday!
- 2nd to 4th- Music & Arts Festival. Several artists, including... Prince!
- 13th to 18th- The Stockholm Culture Festival. Free, free, free! Everything "cultural".
- 13th to 17th- Ung08 (youth festival- also free!).
- 15th- Leonard Cohen at Globe Arenas.
- 17th- Midnattsloppet. Late evening 10K run around the island of Södermalm. Festival atmosphere!
- 18th- DN outdoor concert with the Royal Philharmonic in Gärdet.
- 22nd- DN Galan. International track & field meet at Stadion.
- 23rd- The amusement park Gröna Lund turns 130 years old!
- 23rd to 30th- Baltic Sea Music Festival.
- 24th- Opening part for the new Tele2 Arena with Robyn, Kent and Lars Winnerbäck.
- 24th & 25th- Stockholm Triathlon.