Festivals & Events in Stockholm- Spring Summer Fall 2014
|Photo by Jeppe Wikström, Stockholm Visitors Board.|
- 12-13th- Medieval Market in Kungsträdgården.
- 17th-21st- Easter holiday. Keep in mind that both Friday and Monday are bank holidays in Sweden.
- 22nd- Street Food fair in Kungsträdgården.
- 26th- Stockholm Culture Night. Over 300 free events throughout the city.
- 26th- Season premiere for the amusement park Gröna Lund (weekends only in the beginning).
- 26th- Cherry Blossoms Day in Kungsträdgården.
- 30th- Walpurgis Eve (Valborgmässoafton) is celebrated throughout the city with bonfires. Skansen is a good place to go this evening.
- 1st- International Workers' Day (bank holiday). Political demonstrations in the city.
- 6th- Concert with New Kids on the Block at Annexet.
- 7th & 8th- Bocuse d'Or Europe. The culinary olympics! At Stockholmsmässan.
- 10th- Concert with Nine Inch Nails at Hovet.
- 10th- Concert with Justin Timberlake at Tele2 Arena.
- 15th- Concert with Robbie Williams at Ericsson Globe.
- 17th- Size in the Park. Free electronic music festival with Steve Angello (& friends) from Swedish House Maffia. In Kungsträdgården (7pm to midnight).
- 22nd- Concert with Peter Gabriel at Ericsson Globe.
- 23rd to 25th- Elitloppet. Harness racing with horses at Solvalla.
- 29th- Ascension Day (bank holiday).
- 30th- Concert with Miley Cyrus at Ericsson Globe.
- 30th- Sthlm Fields Festival (heavy metal music) at Gärdet.
- 31st- The Stockholm Marathon.
|Photo: Peter Backman, Smaka på Stockholm (Taste of Stockholm)|
- 1st- Sweden vs Belgium football(soccer) match at Friends Arena.
- 1st- Concert with Aerosmith at Tele2 Arena.
- 4th to 8th- A Taste of Stockholm. Restaurant/food festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 4th to 8th- Early Music Festival in Gamla Stan. Renaissance, Baroque and Medieval music concerts.
- 6th- Swedish National Holiday (bank holiday). Once again, Skansen is a good place to go to celebrate.
- 8th- Baptism ceremony for Princess Leonore at Drottningholm Palace.
- 11th- Concert with Tom Jones at Gröna Lund.
- 12th- Concert with John Mayer at Ericsson Globe.
- 13th & 14th- Concerts with One Direction at Friends Arena.
- 13th & 14th- Summerburst Festival (club/electronic music) in Gärdet.
- 16th- Concert with ZZ Top at Gröna Lund.
- 20th to 22nd- Midsummer celebrations. Arguably, the biggest holiday in Sweden (bank holiday on Friday). The best place to celebrate? Skansen!
- 26th to 29th: AF Offshore Race. Sailing race w/ festival at Skeppsholmen.
- 28th- Concert with Pearl Jam at Friends Arena.
July (generally a slower month, event-wise, because many Swedes have vacation and leave the city)
- 1st- Concert with the Rolling Stones at Tele2 Arena.
- 11th- Concert with Dolly Parton at Ericsson Globe.
- 28th to Aug 2nd- Stockholm Gay Pride Festival.
- 1st & 2nd- continuation of Stockholm Gay Pride.
- 1st to 3rd- Stockholm Music & Arts Festival. On Skeppsholmen. Big names this year include Neil Young and Jill Johnson.
- 9th- Stockholm Ultra Marathon. 50k or 100k around Djurgården.
- 12th to 16th- We Are Sthlm- Youth Festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 12th to 17th- Stockholm Culture Festival. Free, free, free! Everything "cultural".
- 13th to 17th- Free evening movies in Rålambshovs park put on by the Stockholm Film Festival.
- 16th- Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet) around Södermalm island.
- 21st- DN Galan. Track & Field meet with the world's top atheletes.
- 22nd to 30th- Baltic Sea Festival. Classic music.
- 23rd & 24th- Stockholm Triatholon.
- 29th & 30th- Popaganda festival (pop music) at Eriksdalsbadet.
- 4th- Sweden vs Estonia football(soccer) match at Friends Arena.
- 6th- Women's 10k run (Tjejmilen).
- 13th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 25th to 27th- Beer & Whiskey Festival Pretty self explanatory, no?
- 26th- Last day of the season for the amusement park Gröna Lund.
- 26th to 28th- Taste of Stockholm. Fine-dining restaurant festival.
- 30th- Concert with Lady Gaga at Ericsson Globe.
- 2nd to 4th- Beer & Whisky Festival Pretty self explanatory, no?
- 10th to 19th- Stockholm Jazz Festival Jazz performances at venues spread throughout the city.
- 11th to 19th- Stockholm Open Tennis Tournament at Royal Tennis Hall.
- 18th & 19th- Winter Show at Kungsträdgården.
- 1st- Shockholm Halloween Parade- starts at 5pm from the park Kungsträdgården (pre and post parade party in the park).
- 5th to 16th- 25th annual Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 27th to 30th- Sweden Horse Show at Friends Arena.
December- I will be doing special articles about all of the Christmas and New Year events in the city, but here are some other dates to keep an eye on.
|Stockholm Marathon. Photo: Martin Ekequist|