|Gingerbread House at ArkDes|
Photo by: Viktoria Garvare
- Fotografiska (photography)- Their big ongoing exhibition is Chen Men "Fearless & Fabulous" (until March 4th), as well as Åsa Sjöström "Silent Land" (until Feb 4th) and Nick Veasy "Inside Out" (until Feb 18th) and more.
- Moderna (modern art)- Their ongoing exhibitions through the winter include "Manipulate the World" with 28 different artists (until Jan 21), Louise Nevelson (until Jan 14th) and "Golden Sunset" with contemporary Swedish photography (until March 4th). Don't miss their permanent collection (always with free admission).
"Maniuplate the World" at Moderna
Photo by Åsa Lundén/Moderna museet
- ArkDes (architecture & design)- the popular, seasonal exhibition is the Gingerbread House Competetion (until Jan 7th). Their other current exhibition is "Norm Form" (until Feb 11th).
- Millesgården (sculpture & art)- Most people visit Millesgården for the wonderful sculpture park, buth they also have exhibitions as well. "The Modern Woman" is their current exhibition featuring the work of four leading female artists in Finnish modernism (until Feb 25th).
- National (classic art)- currently closed for renovations and reopening in October 2018.
- Kulturhuset (mixed art)- One of their current exhibitions is "Lee Miller - War and Fashion" (until Mar 4th).
"Model wearing Digby Morton suit, shot through arch revealing bomb damage" (1941). Lee Miller – War and Fashion at Kulturhuset.
© Lee Miller Archives, England 2017. All rights reserved.
- Thielska Galleriet (fine art, Scandinavian)- their main current exhibition features Helga Henschen (until Jan 21st) celebrating the 100th anniversary of the artist's birth. Great collection of Scandinavian Masters as well!
- Artipelag (art museum in an archipelago setting)- The current exhibition is Bigert & Bergström: Eye of the Storm (until Feb 25th). Circus Cirkör will be performing at Artipelag as well between Dec 26th and Jan 21st.
Circus Cirkör - Limits, at Artipelag
Photo by Mattias Edwall
- Prin Eugens Waldermarsudde (fine art)- many current and upcoming exhibitions which you can access here, including Form and Colour - André Lohte and Swedish Cubism (until Jan 21st), Annika Ekdahl - Woven Image Worlds (until Feb 11th) and Suzy Strindberg - Fine Threads (Jan 20th to April 22nd).
- Liljevalchs (contemporary art)- currently closed for rehanging but on Jan 12th they reopen with their Spring Salon 2018 (until March 25th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- their current exhibition is The Image of War (until Jan 14th). Upcoming exhibitions include Jens Fänge (Feb 7th to April 1st) and Peter Liversidge (Feb 7th to Mar 4th).
Jens Fänge "Den Nya Andans Gift" at Bonnier
Photo by Galleri Magnus Karlsson
- Sven-Harrys Konstmuseum (mixed art)- "The Invisible Body" is their current exhibition (until Jan 7th) which will be followed by a fashion extravaganza: "Secrets of Couture" (Jan 26th to April 2nd). You can also visit a replica of Sven-Harry's house on the rooftop with his private collection.
- Magasin 9 (contemporary art)- is housing the fantastic "Magic City: The Art of the Street" through spring 2018.
Remember that these museums will all have special opening hours during the holiday season. I have collected this information in an blog article you can see by clicking here.
|Tristan Eaton at Magic City|
Photo by Frank Embacher