Calendar of Events and Festivals 2022
|View of Stockholm|
Photo by Ola Ericson/ mediabank.visitstockholm.com
This is the time of year when I usually post a calendar of major events, festivals and concerts happening in Stockholm for the year. Due the pandemic, I haven't been able to post this for the past two years. Well, I actually did post a calendar in the beginning of 2020... but everything was cancelled or postponed shortly after I posted it. But now the city is back in business (knock on wood) and events have returned to the calendar! Hopefully this list will be able to help you plan your visit.
Photo by Alexander Dokukin/ mediabank.visitstockholm.com
Keep in mind that, even if the events aren't your cup of tea, they may impact your visit, For example, a marathon or other race will mean traffic and road closures, a popular event will mean busy hotels and restaurants and holidays may mean some business closures. The calendar will be an ongoing process and I will add more events as they become known. These are only the major events and festivals... if you are staying at the Hotel Rival, you can contact me directly for more information about smaller events that might be going on while you visit. Another good calendar to keep an eye on is at Visit Stockholm!
- 14th to 18th- Easter Week. Bank holidays on the 15th and 18th.
- 21st- Bryan Adams concert at Avicii Arena.
- 23rd- Culture Night. All things cultural, all free.
- 24th- The amusement park Gröna Lund opens for the season.
- 26th- Tool concert at Avicii Arena.
- 30th- Valborgsmässoafton (Walpurgis Eve). Bonfires and singing!
- 1st- International Workers' Day (Labour Day). Bank holiday.
- 21st- Thåström concert at Avicii Arena.
- 24th- Polar Music Prize (international music awards).
- 25th- Trevor Noah show at Avicii Arena.
- 26th- Kristi Himmelsfärds Dag (Ascension Day). Bank holiday.
- 27th to 29th- Elitloppet. Popular (harness) horse racing championships at Solvalla.
- 29th- Mothers' Day in Sweden!
During the summer months there are a series of concerts at both Skansen and Gröna Lund. Click on the links to see the line-ups with dates.
- 1st to 6th- Stockholm Early Music Festival. Medieval, Baroque and Renaissance music in different old town venues.
- Normally this is around the time they have the popular Taste of Stockholm food festival. Currently they are saying that it will be a digital festival. But keep an eye on their website... hopefully they will change that as we get closer to June.
- 2nd & 3rd- Stockholm +50 United Nations conference on the environment at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- 4th- Stockholm Marathon. Major city-wide sporting event.
- 5th- Sweden vs Norway football/soccer match at Friends Arena.
- 6th- Sweden's National Holiday. Bank holiday.
- 8th to 11th- Rosendal Garden Party music festival on Djurgården.
- 9th- Sweden vs Serbia football/soccer match at Friends Arena.
- 11th- Green Day concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 15th- Pet Shop Boys concert at Avicii Arena.
- 18th- Alicia Keys concert at Avicii Arena.
- 24th & 25th- Midsummer Weekend. Major traditional holiday in Sweden.
- 29th- Harry Styles concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 30th- Wanda Diamond League Track & Field meet at Stadion.
|The Royal palace at Night|
Photo by Jeppe Wikström/ mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 1st to 3rd- Lollapalooza Festival. Music festival at Gärdet.
- 2nd- Big Crowd Factory. Free outdoor cinema in Tantolunden (day one).
- 3rd- Start of Gotlund Runt open ocean regatta in Stockholm.
- 20th- Queen & Adam Lambert concert at Avicii Arena.
- 21st- Lady Gaga concert at Friends Arena.
- 30th- Big Crowd Factory. Free outdoor cinema in Tantolunden (day two).
- 31st- Rolling Stones concert at Friends Arena.
- 1st to 6th- Stockholm Gay Pride. Concerts, parties, symposiums... ending with large parade on the 6th.
- 13th- Midnattsloppet. Popular evening 10k race around Södermalm. festival atmosphere.
- 17th to 21st- Stockholm Cultural Festival. All things cultural, free admission.
- 17th-21st- Free outdoor cinema in Rålambshovs park. Presented by the Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 20th- Celine Dion concert at Friends Arena.
- 23rd to 26th- Formex. Largest fair for Scandinavian design, at Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- 3rd- Tjejmilen. Women's 10kr race (one of the largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.
- 4th- Sthlm Bike. Bike race in the city.
- 17th- Stockholm Half marathon. City-wide sporting event.
- 25th- The amusement park Gröna Lund closes for the season.
- 27th- Sweden vs Slovenia football/soccer match at Friends Arena.
- 29th to Oct 1st- Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 6th to 8th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival (part 2) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 10th- The Cure concert at Avicii Arena.
- 14th to 23rd- Stockholm Jazz festival at different venues city-wide.
- 15th to 23rd- Stockholm Open (tennis).
- 30th- Daylight Savings Time ends. Clocks fall back an hour!
- 5th- All Saints' Day. Bank Holiday.
- 9th to 20th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 11th to 13th- Stockholm Food & Wine Fair at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- 24th to 27th- Stockholm International Horse Show.
- 10th- Nobel Prize ceremony.
- 13th- St Lucia Day (traditional celebrations)
- 24th & 25th- Christmas. Extra bank holiday on December 26th.
- 31st- New Year's Eve.
As I mentioned, this calendar will be a work in progress and I will add events that I find... especially later in the year. So, check back now and again to see if there has been anything added!
Post a Comment