Mariatorget: Restaurants, Cafés & Food Stores
First I wrote about the shops in our neighbourhood (Mariatorget), now it is on to food! The Rival Hotel has a great Bistro, Bar & Café, but if you want to leave the hotel and dine/snack in the surrounding area then there is a large variety of options to choose from. As these are all establishments that mostly cater to the locals, the websites linked below are mainly in Swedish.
- Bistro Süd. Neighbourhood bistro serving Swedish & French favourites. Location.
- Nostrano. Quaint italian restaurant. Location.
- Ramblas Mariatorget- popular Spanish tapas restaurant. Location.
- Marie Laveau. Cajun restaurant with a popular bar/nightclub. Location.
- Tabbouli. Restaurant serving Lebanese cuisine. Location.
- Tehran Grill. Specializing in Iranian cuisine. Location.
- Blå Dörren. Classic Swedish dishes with a pub atmosphere. Location.
- Ljunggrens. Popular restaurant serving Asian fusion cuisine. Location.
- Angry Diner. Newly open. American classics with a twist. Location.
- Pitcher's. Restaurant and "soft" sports bar. Swedish/American favorites. Location.
- Nyagatan Patagonia. Neighbourhood South American restaurant. Location.
- Drop Coffee. Coffee bar where they roast their own beans. Location.
- Johan & Nyström. Coffee bar where they roast their own beans. Location.
- Kaffe. Trivia: scenes from "Girl with a Dragon tattoo" were filmed here. Location.
- Muggen. Popular with the "söder" locals! Location.
Specialty Food Stores: