Winter Art Exhibitions 2016
|Ivan Aguéli, African landscape, ca 1914 © Ivan Aguéli Photo: Moderna Museet|
- Moderna (modern art)- the main upcoming show is a joint exhibition of the works of Paul Klee and Ivan Aguéli (Jan 16th to April 24th). You still have time to see some of the autumn exhibitions like Olafur Eliasson (until Jan 17th) and others as well as their collection.
- Fotografiska (photography)- you still have a few weeks left to see Martin Shoeller "Up Close" (until Feb 7th). Guy Bourdin "Avant Garde" opened recently and will be going on until Feb 21st. Several other current and upcoming exhibitions to keep an eye on as well.
- National Museum (classic art)- currently closed for renovations. During this time they have temporary exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts (Konstakademien). An exhibit of the work of sculptor Auguste Rodin is being shown until Jan 10th. "Women Pioneers" is being shown until Feb 14th. "The Artist" will be shown between Feb 11th and Sep 4th. Location.
From "The Artist" at the National Museum:
Gustave Courbet "The Cellist" (self portrait)
- Architecture & Design Center- This year's gingerbread house design competition entries can be viewed until Jan 10th. "Architecture in Sweden" is ongoing throughout 2016.
- Millesgården (art museum & sculpture garden)- Besides the wonderful sculptures by Carl Milles you have exhibitions in the art hall. Currently they are showing "The Rise and Fall of Ingrid Bergman" (until Jan 24th). After that they will be exhibiting Swedish Glass Art after 2000 (Feb 6th to May 8th).
- Thielska Galleriet (art museum & gallery)- besides the permanent collection, they have several exhibitions. The current exhibit is "Eternal Bloom" with bead art (until Feb 14th). "Deadly Beauty" with jewellrey by Märta Mattsson will be showing from March 12th to May 15th.
- Prins Eugen's Waldemarsudde (art museum & gallery)- besides the permanent collection, you have several exhibitions, including "Symbolism & Decadence" (until Jan 24th) and "Magical Light" (Feb 13th to Aug 28th).
Interior Waldemarsudde (press image).
- Liljevalchs (art gallery)- "Utopian Bodies- Fashion Forward" will be showing until Feb 7th. The traditional "Spring Salon" will be exhibited between Feb 12th and Apr 10th.
- Bonniers Konsthall (art gallery)- currently closed for renovations, opening again the spring with a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Maria Bonnier Foundation showing an exhibition of the artists the foundation has helped (May 11th to August 28th).
- Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum (art museum and gallery)- the main current exhibition is on the art of Olle Olsson Hagalund (until Fab 7th). After that they will be exhibiting the work of Finnish artist Ellen Thesleff (Feb 13th to Apr 10th).
|Ellen Thesleff "Florence"|
Source: Signe och Ane Gyllenberg's foundation, Helsinki.
Post a Comment