|Open air concert on Djurgården. Photo by Jeppe Wikström/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
|Stockholm Pride. Photo by Yanan Li/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
- July 25th to 31st- Stockholm Gay Pride. The biggest gay pride in the Nordic countries. A week long festival that is very popular across the spectrum... especially the Saturday parade. Recent parades have seen almost 50,000 participants and around half a million people lining the streets.
- July 26th- Beyoncé concert at Friends Arena.
- July 29th to 31st- Stockholm Music & Arts festival on Skeppsholmen with artists like Lauryn Hill, Joan Baez and Kraftwerk.
- July 30th- BAO (Benny Andersson Orchestra) concert at Skansen.
- August 5th & 6th- Weekend Festival at Östermalms IP. Dance music and DJ's.
- August 13th- Midnattsloppet ("The Midnight Race"). A very fun and festive late evening 10K race around the island of Södermalm. Samba bands, masquerade contests, DJ's and more...
- August 14th- free oudoor concert at Gärdet with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- August 16th to 20th- We Are Sthlm youth festival (13 to 19 years of age). Free festival with concerts and more in Kungsträdgården. Part of the Culture Festival (see below).
- August 16th to 21st- Kulturfestivalen ("The Culture Festival"). Week long festival in the downtown area concering all types of culture... and free! The theme this year is France.
- August 17th to 21st- Outdoor cinema, put on by the Stockholm Film Festival, in Rålambshovsparken. The theme this year is the 1970's. Free admission, bring a picnic.
- August 24th to 27th- Formex. International Nordic design fair. If you like Nordic and Scandinavian design... this is the place to go! Takes place at the Stockholm International Fair in Älvsjö.
- August 26th & 27th- Popaganda. Popular pop music festival. Takes place at Eriksdalsbadet.
- August 28th to September 4th- Baltic Sea Festival. Classic music festival at Berwaldhallen.
- September 3rd- Tjejmilen. Women's 10K run. Popular race along a scenic route on Djurgården.
As you can see... a wide variety with something for everyone. If you are staying at the Rival Hotel, contact me directly for more information. Click here for a full 2016 calendar of festivals and events.
|Outdoor Summer Cinema in Rålambshovsparken. Photo by Lars Gullnäs|