Calendar of Events- Autumn 2018
|Autumn stroll at Djurgården|
Photo by Jeppe Wikström/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 1st & 2nd- DreamHack Masters (computer and gaming festival) at Ericsson Globe Arena
- 1st- Tjejmilen, women's 10k race (largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.
- 2nd- Sthlm Bike, bike race in the city.
- 15th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 18th- The Royal Opera starts their season (some day events and concerts earlier in the month).
- 27th to 29th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 29th & 30th- Autumn market at Skansen.
- 4th to 6th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 2) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 11th to 14th- Stockholm Pastry & Chocolate Festival at Stockholmsmässan (international fairgrounds).
- 12th to 21st- Stockholm Jazz Festival 9 day long music festival at different veunes.
- 13th- The National Museum reopens after a longer renovation.
- 14th to 21st- IF Stockholm Open (tennis tournament) at the Royal Tennis Hall.
- 17th- Shania Twain concert at Ericsson Globe Arena
- 27th to Nov 4th- Autumn break for school children in Stockholm. Many museums/attractions have child friendly activities at this time.
- 28th- clocks "fall back" one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
Autumn on Mariatorget
- Oct 27th to Nov 4th- Autumn break for school children in Stockholm. Many museums/attractions have child friendly activities at this time.
- 3rd- All Saints Day. Bank holiday.
- 3rd- Shockholm Halloween parade.
- 4th- Light festival in Haga Park (info in link from last year still).
- 5th- Per Gessle's Roxette concert at Stockholm Waterfront.
- 7th to 18th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 9th to 11th- Stockholm Food & Wine Fair at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- 10th & 11th- Stockholm Winter Show in Kungsträdgården.
- 19th to 23rd- Stockholm Fashion Week.
- 23rd- Strömma begins their julbord (Christmas smorgasbord) boat cruise season.
- 24th- first day of Gamla Stan Christmas market (daily until Dec 23rd).
- 30th- First day of the gingerbread house competition/exhibition at ArkDes (until Jan 6th).
December (a month filled with Xmas themed events and happenings, more info when the season approaches. You can also check my Christmas overview article from last year to get an idea of what to expect).
- Nov 29th to Dec 2nd- Sweden International Horse Show at Friends Arena.
- 1st- first day of Skansen's Christmas market (every Saturday & Sunday until Dec 23rd).
- 8th & 9th- Chrismtas market at Drottningholm Palace.
- 9th- Stockholm Santa Run with start at Kungsträdgården.
- 10th- Nobel Prize Ceremony.
- 13th- Lucia Day (traditional celebrations)
- 18th- first day of Strömma's Winter boat tour.
- 24th & 25th- Christmas (the 26th is also a bank holiday).
- 31st- New Year's Eve.
|Winter views from City Hall (Stadshuset)|
Next week I am traveling to Marrakesh to take part in the European UICH Congress and will be gone all week. Hopefully these past two articles will help you plan your autumn visit to Stockholm. I will be back working and blogging on September 11th!
Post a Comment