Autumn Art Exhibitions 2019
|Hella Jongerius "Breathing Colours" at National Museum|
Photo by Luke Hayes
- Fotografiska (photography)- most of the summer exhibitions close in the beginning of September to make way for: Saga Wendotte's "In Between Realities" (Sept 13th to Nov 17th), Sebastião Salgado's "Gold" (Sept 13th to Nov 17th) and Jimmy Nelson's "Homage to Humanity" (Sept 20th to Dec 1st) among others.
- National (calssic art and design)- besides their extensive collection of classic art and interior design, they have temporary exhibitions like "1989 -Culture & Politics" (Sept 5th to Jan 12th) and Hella Jongerius "Breathing Colour" (Oct 17th to Feb 9th).
- Moderna (modern art)- don't miss their permanent collection of modern art and photography. They also have several good upcoming exhibitions like Carl Fredrik Reuterswärd "Alias: CFR" (Sept 14th to Feb 16th) and Atsuko Tanaka (Sept 14th to Feb 16th) among others.
At Moderna Museum: Atsuko Tanaka, Denkifuku (Electric Dress), 1956/1999 © Kanayama Akira and Tanaka Atsuko Association
Photo © Centre Pompidou, MNAM-CCI, Dist. RMN-Grand Palais / Georges Meguerditchian
- ArkDes (architecture and design)- besides their permanent collection on architecture in Sweden, this season they will also have "Cruising Pavillion" (Sept 20th to Nov 10th) and "Flying Panels" (Oct 18th to March 1st).
- Millesgården (sculpture and mixed art)- most people come to visit the beautiful sculpture gardens featuring the work of Carl Milles, but they also have a gallery with temporary exhibitions like this season's Lena Andersson's World (ending Sept 22nd) and "Painting and Spirituality - Himla af Klint, Tyra Kleen and Lucie Lagerbielke" (Oct 5th to Feb 9th).
At Millesgården: Hilma af Klint, Serie VIII, Utgångsbild, 1920. ©Stiftelsen Hilma af Klints Verk.
- Kulturhuset (mixed art)- besides theatre, dance, film and literature, Kulturhuset offers art exhibits like "One Meter to the Future" (Aug 31st to Sept 29th).
- Thielska Galleriet (Scandinavian fine art)- still a few weeks left to see the work of Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland (until Sept 29th). Upcoming exhibitions include a retrospective of Karin Frostenson (Oct 12th to Jan 26th). One of the highlights of this museum is their permanent collection of Scandinavian masters like Eugene Jansson, Edvard Munch, Carl Larsson and more.
Part of the permanent collection at Thielska Galleriet.
- Prins Eugens Waldemarsudde (Scandinavian fine art)- besides Prince Eugene's art collection, park and garden, you will find temporary exhibitions like Edward Burne-Jones "The Pre-Raphaelites and the North" (Sept 14th to Jan 26th) and Meta Isaeus-Berlin "Night Logic" (Oct 5th to Feb 16th).
- Artipelag (art in archipelago setting)- their outdoor sculpture exhibition "Sculpture in Nature" continues through Nov 3rd. Indoors you will find the exhibition "Fornasetti: Inside Out, Outside In" (until Jan 26th).
- Liljevalchs (contemporary art)- their main autumn exhibition will be Helene Billgren (Oct 11th to Dec 8th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- they have been closed this summer, but soon... "Artists' Film International" (Aug 30th to Oct 6th) and "Cosmological Arrows" (Aug 30th to Nov 10th).
- Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum (mixed art)- you still have a few more weeks of "Sailor Compositions" by Gösta Adrian-Nilsson (until Sept 29th), after which they will have Nordic Contemporary by Ars Fennica, featuring the work by 5 contemporary Scandinavian artists (Oct 12th to Jan 19th).
"Sailor Compositions" by Gösta Adrian-Nilsson at Sven-Harrys Konstmuseum
Photo by John Eldrot
Post a Comment