|Autumn walk at Djurgården.|
Photo by Jeppe Wikström/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 7th to 16th- Stockholm Jazz Festival at different venues spread throughout the city.
- 15th to 23rd- tennis tournament IF Stockholm Open at the Royal Tennis Court.
- 22nd & 23rd- Stockholm Winter Show (festival and trade show). Fun for the whole family in Kungsträdgården.
- 24th & 25th- concert with Paul Simon at Stockholm Waterfront.
- 30th- clocks "fall" back one hour in Sweden due to Daylight Savings Time.
- 30th to Nov. 1st- All Saints Day celebrations at World Heritage Site Skogskyrkogården.
- 31st- last day of the Stockholm City Bike season.
- 31st- Premiere for the outdoor ice skating rink in Kungsträdgården.
All Saints day celebrations at Skogskyrkogården.
Photograph by Susanne Hallman
- 5th- Shockholm Halloween Parade & Festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 5th & 6th- Ulriksdals Palace's autumn market.
- 6th- Festival of Lights at Brunnsviken/Haga Park.
- 9th to 12th- Sound of Stockholm festival (at five different venues).
- 9th to 20th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 19th- Premiere of Christmas light display in Stockholm.
- 19th- Premiere for the Christmas Market in Gamla Stan (open every day through Dec 23rd).
- 20th- Unveiling of the NK department store's Christmas windows (10:45am).
- 24th to 27th- Sweden International Horse Show at Friends Arena.
- 26th- Premiere for Skansen Christmas market (every Sat & Sun until Christmas).
- 26th & 27th- annual Christmas market at Hovstallet (Royal Stables).
- 1st until Jan 8th- Gingerbread house competition & exhibition at the Center for Architecture and Design on Skeppsholmen.
- 3rd & 4th- Christmas market at Drottningholm Palace.
- 8th- Nobel Prize concert at Konserthuset.
- 10th- Nobel Prize ceremonies in Stockholm.
- 13th- St Lucia day celebrations in churches, department stores and at Skansen.
- 15th to 17th- concert with Kent at Globe Arena.
- 24th & 25th- Christmas Eve & Day.
- 26th- Annandag jul (bank holiday).
- 31st- New Year's Eve.
These are the highlights of the calendar... there are, of course, many other smaller events, fairs and concerts. If you are staying at the Rival Hotel, contact me directly for more information.