- Fotografiska (photography)- besides the Christer Strömholm exhibition (until Nov 25th), they will also be showing "In the Flux" by Marie Friberg... an investigation of male gender identity (Sep 14th to Nov 25th). The big exhibition for the winter season is David LaChapelle, which will take up the whole museum until March 3rd. Click here to read about my visit!
- Moderna (modern art)- just a few weeks left for the Yoko Ono exhibition (ends Sep 16th). Their big autumn exhibition is "Picasso/Duchamp- He Was Wrong" starting on Aug 25th and running until Mar 3rd, 2013. Then there are two new exhibitions starting in Jan & Feb!
- National (classic art)- "Slow Art" continues until Feb, 2013. It will be joined by the exhibition "Pride and Prejudice" featuring work by female artists from France and Sweden in the 18th & 19th centuries (Sep 27th to Jan 20th). The museum is slated to close on February 3rd for major renovations, opening again in 2017!
- Nordiska (nordic culture & traditions)- "Jewelry", a look at jewelry... from everyday use to royal gala (starts Sep 14th).
- Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities- "Secret Love" 150 works of art by 27 contemporary Chinese artists on the subject of taboo love in modern Chinese society (Sept 21st to March 31st, 2013).
- Millesgården (art & sculpture)- "Astri & Evert Taube- On Their Love of Art" (Sep 22nd to Jan 13rd). "Painters in Normandy" starts on Feb 2nd and features great Impressionists such as Renoir and Monet (runs until May 26th).
- Nobel (nobel prizes)- an exhibition about Herta Müller, the 2009 winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, runs from Sep 28th to Jan 27th.
- Price Eugen's Waldemarsudde (art museum)- Two upcoming exhibitions... Lars Jonsson (Oct 10th to Jan 20th) and Helene Schjerfbeck (Nov 10th to Feb 24th).
- Thielska Galleriet (art museum/gallery)- Peter Frie (until Oct 28th). Upcoming exhibition to be announced.
- Liljevalchs (art museum/gallery)- August Strindberg "A Devilish Exhibition" (Oct 5th to Jan 8th).
- Sven-Harry's (art museum/gallery)- Stig T Karlsson and Lisa Karlsson (Sept 22nd to Nov 11th).
- Bonnier's (art museum/gallery)- More Than Sound (Sep 5th to Dec 2nd)