Photo by Helén Pe/mediabank.visitstockholm.com /
- Getting to Stockholm from the Arlanda airport.
- Commuter train from Arlanda to Södermalm.
- Taxis from Arlanda... be careful!
- Ports & docks in Stockholm for cruise ships.
- Tax Free Shopping, how to get your refund.
- Airport websites: Arlanda (main airport), Bromma and Skavsta (how to get to and from Skavsta).
- Main train company is called SJ. Information about Central Train Station.
Getting Around the City
- Taxis in Sweden. (not regulated, be careful!)
- Public transportation (SL- subways, busses, commuter trains, trams and ferries). The Rival sells 24/72 hour cards to hotel guests.
- Ferries to Djurgården.
- Street cars to Djurgården.
- Checking out the art of the subways.
- Stockholm City Bikes. We sell the 3 day card to hotel guests.
Sightseeing (multiple blog articles, but here are links to the individual company websites)
- Strömma (boats, busses, hop-on/off, day trips and more).
- Stockholm Our Way
- Guided Food Tours
- Free Tours Stockholm
- Unusual Tours (my blog article)
- Festivals & Events calendar for this summer.
- Where to watch the World Cup football/soccer matches.
- Shopping Guide & Map and Outlet Shopping.
- Swedish massage?
- The amusement park Gröna Lund.
- Main website for archipelago.
- Tips on what to keep in mind when visiting the islands: click here and here. An article about a visit I made last year.
- Day trip to Vaxholm.
- Day trip to Drottningholm (not in the archipelago, but still a boat trip)
- Summer art exhibitions
- History museums
- ABBA the Museum We sell vouchers for hotel guests.
- Gamla Stan
- Vikings, Vikings and more Vikings.
- Handy museum app.
Handy Tips and Great Websites
- Gay & Lesbian Guides and club calendar.
- Visit Stockholm (official tourist information website)
- Visit Djurgården (national city park in the city with many attractions)
This is really just some highlights and top tips. If you are staying at the Hotel Rival while I am away these two weeks, my competent colleagues will be happy to help you with more detailed information!
|Kayaking in Stockholm|
Photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com