|Nils Dardel at Moderna Museet!|
- Fotografiska (photography)- hauntingly beautiful black & white nature photographs in "Genesis" by Sebastião Salgado (until Sep 14th). Also exhibitions by Lisa Ross, Lu Kowski and Dana Sederowsky.
- Moderna (modern art)- an exhibit with one of Sweden's most beloved artists: "Nils Dardel and the Modern Age" (until Sep 14th). Also "Surrealism & Duchamp" and exhibits by Lena Svedberg, Georges Adéagbo and more.
- National (classic art)- closed for renovations, instead they have temporary exhibits housed at Konstakademien (see below).
- Konstakademien (classic art)- "Highlights: Famous and Forgotten Treasures from the National Museum" (until Aug 31st).
- Spritmuseum (wine & spirits)- a look at the myth and phenomenon of "Swedish Sin" (until Jan 2015). Don't miss the Absolut Art Collection as well.
- Nordiska (nordic traditions)- several continuing exhibits on a multitude of subjects... table settings, jewellery, Sami culture, fashion and more.
- Livrustkammaren (royal armoury)- "Power Games" a fascinating look how royalty (real and fiction) showed their power through costume.
- Nobel (nobel prizes)- great permanent exhibits as well as "The Nobel Prize: Ideas Changing the World" (until Nov 16th).
- Vasa Museum (warship Vasa)- Eleven permanent exhibits. Of special note is the newest one called "Meanwhile" which looks at interesting events happening in the world the same year as the Vasa sank (1628).
- Millesgården (art & sculpture museum)- Norwegian artist "Anne Karin Furunes: Beyond the Portraits" (until Aug 31st). Don't miss the sculpture garden with the work of Carl Milles.
- Historiska (history)- plenty of permanent exhibitions on Swedish history, including Vikings. New exhibit called "Medieval Massacre: The Battle of Gotland 1361".
- Waldemarsudde (art gallery/museum)- several temporary exhibits, including works of artists Staffan Nihlén and Rigmor Grönjord (both until Sep 14th).
- Thiel Gallery (art gallery/museum)- The Collection as well as "Portraits of Thielska, Family & Friends" (until Sep 21st).
- Liljevalchs (art gallery/museum)-"Home Sweet Home, Furnished Tales" (until Sep 15th).
- Bonnier Konsthall (art gallery/museum)- closed June 30th to Sep 9th).
- Sven Harry (art gallery/museum)- permanent gallery and terrace as well as "Swedish Fashion: 2000-2015" (until Aug 31st).
|Some images from the statuary garden at Millesgården.|
|The history museum... Historiska!|