Day Trip - Finnhamn

Last week I visited one of my favorite islands located in the Outer Archipelago... Finnhamn. Along with my visiting parents, I took one of the Cinderella boats out. We opted for a short visit, taking the same Cinderella boat back when it returned 1½ hours later... though one can stay longer and take the evening boat back. There are also several forms of accomodations if you wish to stay the night. Everything from camping in your own tents to renting a cabin to staying at the hostel. The island has a nice restaurant as well as a store selling food and other necessities needed for camping or having a picnic. There are several trails criss-crossing the island and it's a perfect place to take a nature walk. Whenever I come here, I usually take a nice walk to the other side of the island through the beech trees and meadows before ending with a nice herring lunch overlooking the water.

Comments

Popular Posts