I will be using up some of my vacation weeks, starting next week, to spend time with family. I will be back in mid March and, hopefully, the pandemic will have rounded the corner and I can start blogging about what you can see and do in this beautiful city. Fingers crossed! In the meantime, if you will be traveling to Stockholm in the coming month, here are some useful tips:
- Due to the ongoing pandemic and resulting restrictions on the amount of people that can gather, many of Stockholm's museums have been closed for the past few months. Click here to see original list. As I am writing this post (Feb 10th), the museums currently open are Fotografiska, Millesgården, Thiel Gallery, Sven Harry's Art Museum, Museum of Spirits and Prince Eugen Waldemarsudde. These are, for the most part, smaller art museums where it is easier to manage the amount of people visiting. This may change in the coming weeks (for the better or the worse), so double check the linked websites here and in the original list before visiting one of them.
Current exhibition at Millesgården (Vivienne Westwood)
- Currently, all restaurants and bars in Sweden have to close at 8pm at the latest. Keep this in mind when planning an evening out. This restriction has been extended a few times, but we are hoping that they will relax this restriction in March. Visit Stockholm has a good webpage with current rules and restrictions (including for travel/entering the country).
- We have had more snow than usual over the past few weeks, making for some great opportunities to get outside and enjoy many of the great parks and waterfront walks in the city. Click here, here and here for some recent tips!
- If you are planning on visiting Stockholm this coming summer, you can check my blog archive for posts that will be helpful in planning your visit. The posts from the summer of 2020 are good for Covid safe activities and you can dig back to the summer of 2019 for some tips on what to see and do in a post pandemic Stockholm (knock on wood).
- If you will be staying at the Hotel Rival, you can contact my colleagues at email@example.com for any assistance or information until I return in mid March.
Until my return... keep healthy & safe, follow all guidelines and restrictions, and hopefully we can all start traveling again soon!