|The Rival's Bistro|
Gamla Stan (Old Town):
- Fem Små Hus- upscale, Swedish cuisine in historic atmosphere.
- Aifur- Viking themed restaurant. Fun with good food.
- Le Rogue- high-end French restaurant with more casual bar area (Le Bar).
- Kryp In- A personal favorite! Modern, Swedish cuisine in cozy atmosphere.
- Cultur- Mediterranean tapas restaurant with bar and outdoor seating.
Södermalm (where the Rival Hotel is located):
- Bistro Rival- of course, I need to report on the hotel's own fantastic restaurant!
- Bistro Süd- Neighbourhood French/Swedish bistro... popular with the locals.
- Marie Laveau- Cajun restaurant that turns into a great bar and nightspot later in the evening.
- Gondolen- upscale and popular restaurant with view over Stockholm.
- Roxy- Spanish restaurant, popular with gay crowd, located in SoFo. Closed Dec 2012.
- Nostrano- Cozy, popular Italian restaurant with great atmosphere.
- Ho's- Best Chinese restaurant in Stockholm... casual and authentic. Just won award for best Chinese restaurant in Europe!
- Pelikan- rustic Swedish cuisine in beer hall atmosphere. SoFo.
- Tehran Grill- Casual neighbourhood restaurant serving Iranian cuisine.
- Tabbouli- Lebanese restaurant, around corner from the hotel.
- Mariatorget- collection of eateries around Mariatorget and the Rival Hotel.
- Restaurant Jonas- upscale, gourmet restaurant. Popular with foodies.
- Trattorian- high-end Italian restaurant on the waterfront. Especially great in the summer!
- AG- Fabulous and upscale steakhouse in interesting locale. Tapas and wine bar as well.
- Mälarpaviljongen- gay owned and operated with mixed crowd. Floating bar & café.
- Operakällaren- famous restaurant... upscale dining in historic atmosphere.
- Esperanto- Michelin star restaurant. Gourmet dining. Popular sushi restaurant on bottom floor (Råkultur).
- Farang- Great Southeast Asian fusion cuisine in a sleek, modern locale.
- Riche and Teatergrillen- Swedish classics and French favorites in these trendy and long lasting sister restaurants.
- Boqueria- trendy, Spanish restaurant. Great tapas!
- Nosh & Chow- cuisine from the 4 corners of the world.
- Gotland- restaurant dedicated to the Swedish island of Gotland and the menu reflects this.
- Pontus & Seafood Bar- several dining options in one restaurant, from high-end to casual. (Seafood Bar has changed concept and name, now known as Pocket).
- Zink Grill- hip restaurant on the even hipper street Biblioteksgatan.
- B.A.R.- conceptual restaurant based on a food market (you choose your own cut of meat/fish at the counter along with side dishes).
- East- mainstay Asian fusion restaurant with a popular, trendy bar.
- Taverna Brillo- Italian restaurant with marketplace on Stureplan.
- Grill- grilled food is the theme at this popular restaurant with ecclectic design.
- Griffin's Steakhouse- stylish dining in the new waterfront area. The name gives you a good idea of what's on the menu.
- E.A.T.- Asian/European fusion restaurant in Mood Stockholm.
- 1900- reopening soon with a different name "Niklas" (after head chef Niklas Ekstedt)
- Sturehof- a classic! French/Swedish cuisine... great place for seafood and people watching.
- Saluhall food market (Lisa Elmqvist)- not to be missed! Historic indoor food market with great options for lunch.
- The Cube by Electrolux- temporary fine dining (until October 21st) ontop of the Royal Opera House.
- Villa Godthem- stylish and beautiful... a great option for dining (lunch or dinner) when visiting Djurgården.
- Fjäderholmarnas Krog- archipelago restaurant #1! Just a 25 minute boat ride from the city.
- Oaxen Krog- One of the top restaurants in the world! Closed recently and to reopen soon on Djurgården.
Of course, there are many other restaurants in Stockholm worth a visit! I just haven't visited them in the past two years. We'll see what interesting restaurants I visit in the future. Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you are staying at the hotel and need further recommendations.