Restaurant News in Stockholm This Spring
A few restaurants have already opened in the past couple of months and I have heard some good buzz about them.
- Taverna Brillo- Italian restaurant & market. The restaurant is surrounded by bars as well as shops selling flowers, bread, pizza, ice cream and more. Inspired by Batali's Eataly in NYC.
- Farang- Cuisine from Southeast Asia. Newly opened sister restaurant to the very successful Farang in Helsinki, run by Finnish top chef Tomi Björck.
- Nosh & Chow- Menu is split up between different cuisines from around the world, using mainly Swedish produce. This Fall a second restaurant will open up in the same building with a concept of its own.
Opening this month (March, 2013):
- Cultur- To be honest, I don't know too much about this restaurant yet. But the fact that it is owned by the same people that own the successful restaurants Den Gyldene Freden and Fjäderholmarnas Krog makes me very curious. Located in Gamla Stan.
- The Flying Elk- An English pub might not sound too exciting, but when I tell you that it is (two-star Michelin restaurant) Frantzén/Lindeberg's take on an English pub you might find your interest piqued! Located right around the corner from Frantzén/Lindeberg in Gamla Stan.
Opening later this Spring:
- Hornhuset ("the corner house")- The renovation of the up-and-coming neighbourhood of Hornstull is almost complete. On April 26th the doors will open to Hornhuset, which bills itself as "one building, two restaurants, three floors". The menu is made up of smaller dishes which are meant to be combined for your meal.
- Nytorget 6- One of my favourite restaurants, Roxy, closed this past December. In May a new restaurant will open at the same address (Nytorget 6 in SoFo). We will see if they live up to the spirit of Roxy!
- Oaxen Krog & Slip- The most anticipated restaurant opening. Once located south of Stockholm and considered to be one of the best restaurants in the world, Oaxen is reopening in the city on the island of Djurgården in May. Even better news... it will be 2 restaurants in 1: the gourmet Krog and the more casual, bistro-inspired Slip.
And finally... some restaurants changing ownerships in Stockholm. The popular Pontus by the Sea, with one of Stockholm's best locations on Gamla Stan's waterfront, has been sold! As of now, the new owner is still a secret. Michelin star restaurant Lux Stockholm is being sold after 10 successful years. According to the Michelin rules, it will automatically lose its star status after the change of ownership.
|For sale: Lux Stockholm! Photo- luxstockholm.com|