Autumn Art Exhibitions in Stockholm
|At Millesgården: Anna Riwkin, Självporträtt, 1920-tal|
Foto: Erik Thor
- Fotografiska- world's largest photography museum. Several smaller exhibits but the main exhibition this season is "Paolo Roversi: Secrets" (until January 12th, 2014).
- Moderna- modern art museum. Several smaller exhibits but the main exhibition this season is "Cindy Sherman: Untitled Horrors" (October 19th to January 19th, 2014).
- Millesgården- sculpture garden and art museum. "Mettle and Modernity" (until February 9th, 2014). Looking forward, as well, to their upcoming Man Ray exhibit (Feb. 2014)!
- Liljevalchs- art and design museum. "Lena Cronqvist" (October 12th through January 5th, 2014).
- Prins Eugen's Waldermarsudde- "Skagen: A Scandinavian Artists' Colony" (until January 26th, 2014) and "Carl Malmsten: Designer & Educator" (October 19th through March 2nd, 2014).
- Thielska Galleriet- Ernst Thiel's art collection. The upper floor is closed for restorations and will reopen on October 26th. In the meantime, the museum is showing a smaller exhibit of art donated since 1978 (until October 25th).
- Bergsrummet (Världskultur Museerna)- Caverns of Skeppsholmen. "African Masterpieces" (until February 23rd, 2014).
- Architecture & Design Center- connected with Moderna. "Light Houses - Young Nordic Architecture" (Oct. 15th to Feb. 16th, 2014).
- Livrustkammaren- The Royal Armoury. "Images of (Queen) Christina" (until January 5th, 2014).
- Hallwylska- Palace and art & history museum. "Past, Present & Future" (until Novermber 17th).
- National Museum is closed for renovations. In the meantime they have temporary exhibits at the Royal Swedish Academy of Fine Arts (Konstakademien). "Carl Larsson: Friends & Enemies" (until November 3rd) and "Caravaggisti" (December 5th to March 30th, 2014) among others.
- Bonniers Konsthall- contemporary art. "Art of Memory" (until November 24th).
- Sven-Harry's- private art collection as well as museum and gallery. Illustrator "Björn Berg" (until November 10th).
|African Masterpieces at Bergsrummet.|
There are several smaller art galleries and museums not listed above. If you are staying at the Rival Hotel, stop by or contact me in advance for further information and directions!
|At Sven Harry's! © Björn Berg / Bildmakarna Berg|