- Moderna (modern art): Adrian Villar Rojas continues through October 25th. Francesca Woodman (Sep 5th through Dec 6th), Olafur Eliasson (Oct 3rd through Jan 15th) and much more.
- Fotografiska (photography): Nygårds Karin Bengtsson (until Nov 15th) and Fall Salon (amatuer and proffesional photographs chosen by jury).
- National (classic art): closed for renovations, temporary exhibitions like sculptur Auguste Rodin (Oct 1 through Jan 10th) held at Konstakademien.
- Architecture & Design Center: in cooperation with Moderna... Olafur Eliasson (Oct 3rd through Jan 15th.
|The Walking Man by Auguste Rodin at Nationalmuseum.|
Photograph by Finlands Nationalgalleri/Hannu Aaltonen
© All rights reserved
- Liljevalchs (modern): Utopian Bodies, Fashion Looks Forward (Sep 25th through Feb 7th).
- Thielska (classic): Flowers Forever! (Oct 3rd through Feb 15th) as well as their permanent collection.
- Waldemarsudde (classic): Prince Eugene (until Dec 27th), Symbolism and Decadence (Sep 19th through Jan 24th) and much more.
- Millesgården (statuary garden & art): The Rise and Fall of Ingrid Bergman opens on Oct 8th.
- Artipelag (modern): The Monochrome Symphonies (Oct 16th through March 28th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (modern): closed for renovations until Jan 2016.
- Sven-Harry's Museum (mixed): Exquisite Jewellery (Sep 5th through Nov 22nd) and Inger Johanne Rasmussen (Sep 5th through Nov 22nd).
If you are more interested in history, then Stockholm has a wealth of history based museums. Click here for a list with links. There are also many smaller art galleries and museums in the city that I haven't listed. If you are staying at the Rival Hotel, stop by and talk to me and I can help you with information about these galleries.
|Hilda Lancing (b. 1985), "Själständig", Ring, gold and silver.|
At Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum
Photographer: Börje Svensson