|Marina Abramović, Stromboli III Volcano, 2002 Photo: Paolo Canevari|
Courtesy Marina Abramović Archives (Moderna)
|Diesel advertisements- ongoing at Fotografiska.|
- Fotografiska (photography)- quite a few ongoing exhibitions, including Albert Wiking "We have a Dream" (until Feb 19th), Charlotte Gyllenhammar "Natt" (until March 5th) and Diesel advertisements "Finally it all Makes Sense" (until Feb 5th). The big upcoming exhibition is fashion great Patrick Demarchelier with "Lumière" (Feb 23rd to May 14th).
- Moderna (modern art)- several ongoing exhibitions like George Baselitz "The Heroes" (until Feb 19th) and "The New Human" (until March 5th). Upcoming exhibitions include Marina Abramovic "The Cleaner" (Feb 18th to May 21st) and Loulou Cherinet (March 11th to June 18th). Don't miss their permanent collection!
- Millesgården (sculpture and art)- Most people go to see Carl Milles sculpture garden, but they have art exhibitions as well. The upcoming exhibitions include Gerda Wegner & The Danish Girl (Feb 4th to May 14th) and "Chanel Balmain Dior, Marianne Bernadotte - A Style Icon" (March 18th to June 11th.
Sculpture garden at Millesgården.
- National Museum (classic art & design)- currently closed for renovations (opens again in 2018). In the meantime they have temporary exhibitions at Kulturhuset, like Eero Aarnio (Feb 8th to April 23rd).
- Thielska Galleriet (Scandinavian art)- ongoing exhibitioins include David Edström "A Rediscovered Sculptor" (until Feb 26th). Upcoming: "Art Noveau from Rörstrand, 1895-1920" (Feb 18th to June 4th). They have a great collection of Swedish masters also on exhibit.
- Prins Eugens Waldermarsudde (Scandinavian art)- besides Prince Eugen's private collection, you have exhibitions like Cecilia Edefalk "Dendelion" (until Feb 12th) and Joan Miró "the Poetry of Everyday Life" (Feb 11th to June 4th).
"Renaissance Fashion in Paper" at Livrustkammaren.
- Liljevalchs (mixed art)- currently closed for renovations, in the meantime they will be showing their Spring Salon 2017 at Urban Escape (Jan 11th to March 5th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (modern art)- exhibitions include "Insomnia" (until Jan 22nd) and Susan Philpsz (Feb 22nd to May 6th).
- Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum (mixed art)- current exhibition is Axel Sjöberg "Among Islets and Skerries" (until Feb 12th) and the upcoming Urban Larsson (Feb 17th to Apr 16th).
- Livrustkammaren (the royal armoury)- more of a history museum, however they have a great art exhibition right now called "Renaissance Fashion in Paper" (until March 19th).
|Georg Baselitz, The Great Friends, 1965 © Georg Baselitz 2016|