Restaurant Trattorian

Trattorian on the waterfront promenade
I had my parents visiting me last week and one evening we went out for dinner to celebrate my mother's birthday. As it was a beautiful summer evening and my mother also wanted to have a pre dinner drink at nearby Mälarpaviljongen, I chose a restaurant located on the Kungsholmen waterfront: Trattorian. I wrote about a visit here way back in 2012 when they first opened, thought it might be time for an update.
Trattorian is an Italian, or rustic Tuscan to be more specific, restaurant. The restaurant itself is very pretty and the design does remind you of a nice restaurant in the Tuscan countryside. They have some great tables at the front with open windows facing the waterfront, but they also have really nice comfy booths inside the restaurant. Next door is their sister restaurant/bar Orangeriet which is casual with smaller dishes.
Pasta with half a grilled lobster
The menu is very classic Italian... with antipasti, gourmet pizzas, risotto, pastas as well as main courses (piatti principale) and dishes from the grill. My father had the linguini with shrimps, garlic and chili, my mother had tagliatelle with grilled lobster while I opted for grilled tuna with artichokes and a summer salad. It was all very delicious. I have been there before and tried their pizza which was also very good (they even have dessert pizza with nutella!).
Grilled tuna with artichokes and summer salad
As I mentioned earlier, Trattorian is located on the waterfront of the island Kungsholmen, not too far from City Hall (Stadshuset). The waterfront is one of my favorit places in the city, with parks, walking paths along the water and great views, across the lake, of Södermalm. Very popular place with the locals. To get there from the Rival Hotel, it is about a 10 minute taxi ride, a 20 minute bus ride or else you can take the subway. The closest subway station is Rådhuset on the blue line. Click here for more restaurant recommendations & reviews.
Interior...
...with comfy booths.
Exterior...
...with great views.


Comments

Popular Posts