|Stockholm Views, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
|Misty Morning, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
- 2nd- Joan Baez concert at the Waterfront.
- 3rd- Kendrick Lamar concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 10th- Melodifestivalen Final at Friends Arena. Song competition where the winner represents Sweden at Eurovision.
- 16th & 17th- First Aid Kit concert at the Waterfront.
- 18th- Harry Styles concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 24th- Sweden vs Chile soccer match (friendly) at Friends Arena.
- 25th- clocks "spring" forward one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
- 29th to April 2nd- Easter weekend. Skansen is a good place to celebrate a traditional Swedish Easter. Friday and Monday are bank holidays!
Easter market ladies at Skansen. Photo: Maria Johansson/Skansen
- 1st- Stockholm City Bike season starts.
- 5th to 8th- Swim Open Stockholm at Eriksdalsbadet with some of the world's best swimmers competing.
- 14th & 15th- annual Liquorice Festival at Annexet.
- 19th- Sam Smith concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 21st- Stockholm Culture Night (Kulturnatt) at various venues throughout the city.
- 28th- the amusement park Gröna Lund opens for the season.
- 28th & 29th- Sweden Hockey Games at Hovet.
- 29th- Bryan Adams concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- Valborgsmässoafton (Walpurgis Eve).
- 1st- International Workers Day (Labour Day). Bank holiday.
- 5th- Kungsholmen Runt (running race- both 10k and half marathon).
- 5th to 7th- Metallica concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 10th- Kristi Himmelfärds Dag (Ascension Day). Bank holiday.
- 25th to 27th- Elitloppet, popular harness (horse) racing championship ar Solvalla.
Happy Swedish National day!
- 1st- Iron Maiden concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 1st- Sweden vs Denmark soccer match (friendly) at Friends Arena.
- 2nd- The 40th annual Stockholm Marathon.
- 5th to 10th- The Stockholm Early Music Festival at different venues in the Old Town.
- 5th to 10th- A Taste of Stockholm (restaurant festival) in Kungsträdgården.
- 6th- The Swedish National Holiday. Skansen is a good place to celebrate. Bank holiday.
- 9th- Stockholm City Swim-Run race.
- 10th- Stockholm Bauhaus Athletics Diamond League (international track and field competition) at Stadion.
- 10th- Katy Perry concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 14th- Polar Music Prize (international music awards).
- 14th- Ed Sheeran concert at Friends Arena.
- 15th & 16th- Summerburst festival, with house music and international DJs, at Östermalms IP.
- 22nd to 24th- Midsummer weekend (major traditional Swedish holiday).
- 28th to July 1st- ÅF Offshore Race (major sailing regatta) in the harbor and archipelago.
Enjoy the midnight sun in the summer
This is always a slow month with events and festivals as it is when most Stockholmers have their summer vacation and tend to leave the city. But there will be concerts/entertainment at Gröna Lund and Skansen.
- Start on the 27th- EuroPride (Europe's Gay Pride week), see below.
- July 27th to Aug 5th- EuroPride (Europe's Gay Pride week) at different venues through the city.
- 4th- Stockholm's gay pride parade through the city with thousands of participants and hundreds of thousands lining the streets.
- 11th & 12th- Let's Make Love Great Again. Two days of music, love and respect.
- 12th- The Royal Philharmonic's annual free concert outside the Maritime Museum.
- 14th to 19th- Stockholm Culture Festival (Kulturfestivalen) in the downtown area. Everything cultural, all free!
- 14th to 18th- We Are Sthlm! Youth festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 15th to 19th- Outdoor cinema, put on by the Stockholm Film Festival in Rålambshovs park.
- 18th- Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet), evening 10k race on Södermalm. Festival atmosphere.
- 22nd to 25th- Formex, largest fair for Scandinavian design, at Stockholm International Fairs.
- 24th to 26th- Weekend Festival Sweden. More information coming.
- 26th- Stockholm Triathlon.
- 22nd to 31st- Baltic Sea Festivalwith classical music at Berwaldhallen.
- 31st and Sept 1st- Popaganda music festival at Eriksdalsbadet.
Culture Festival, photo by Tove Freij/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 1st- Tjejmilen, women's 10k race (largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.
- 2nd- Sthlm Bike, bike race in the city.
- 15th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 27th to 29th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 29th & 30th- Autumn market at Skansen.
- 4th to 6th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 13th- (planned) The National Museum reopens after a longer renovation.
- 14th to 21st- IF Stockholm Open (tennis tournament) at the Royal Tennis Hall.
- 17th- Shania Twain concert at Ericsson Globe Arena
- 28th- clocks "fall back" one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
- Stockholm Jazz Festival week long music festival at different veunes (dates to be announced).
- 1st- Stockholm City Museum (Stadsmuseet) reopens after a longer renovation.
- 3rd- All Saints Day. Bank holiday.
- 4th- Shockholm Halloween parade.
- 7th to 18th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 8th to 11th- Stockholm Food & Wine Fair at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- Christmas market season starts (dates, venues to be announced- last year's markets).
Christmas at the NK department store
December (a month filled with Xmas themed events and happenings, more info when the season approaches)