Calendar of Events and Festivals 2018
|Stockholm Views, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
|Misty Morning, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
- 2nd- Joan Baez concert at the Waterfront.
- 3rd- Kendrick Lamar concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 10th- Melodifestivalen Final at Friends Arena. Song competition where the winner represents Sweden at Eurovision.
- 16th & 17th- First Aid Kit concert at the Waterfront.
- 18th- Harry Styles concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 24th- Sweden vs Chile soccer match (friendly) at Friends Arena.
- 25th- clocks "spring" forward one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
- 29th to April 2nd- Easter weekend. Skansen is a good place to celebrate a traditional Swedish Easter. Friday and Monday are bank holidays!
Easter market ladies at Skansen. Photo: Maria Johansson/Skansen
- 1st- Stockholm City Bike season starts.
- 5th to 8th- Swim Open Stockholm at Eriksdalsbadet with some of the world's best swimmers competing.
- 14th & 15th- annual Liquorice Festival at Annexet.
- 19th- Sam Smith concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 21st- Stockholm Culture Night (Kulturnatt) at various venues throughout the city.
- 28th- the amusement park Gröna Lund opens for the season.
- 28th & 29th- Sweden Hockey Games at Hovet.
- 29th- Bryan Adams concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- Valborgsmässoafton (Walpurgis Eve).
- 1st- International Workers Day (Labour Day). Bank holiday.
- 5th- Kungsholmen Runt (running race- both 10k and half marathon).
- 5th to 7th- Metallica concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 10th- Kristi Himmelfärds Dag (Ascension Day). Bank holiday.
- 25th to 27th- Elitloppet, popular harness (horse) racing championship ar Solvalla.
Happy Swedish National day!
- 1st- Iron Maiden concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 1st- Sweden vs Denmark soccer match (friendly) at Friends Arena.
- 2nd- The 40th annual Stockholm Marathon.
- 5th to 10th- The Stockholm Early Music Festival at different venues in the Old Town.
- 5th to 10th- A Taste of Stockholm (restaurant festival) in Kungsträdgården.
- 6th- The Swedish National Holiday. Skansen is a good place to celebrate. Bank holiday.
- 9th- Stockholm City Swim-Run race.
- 10th- Stockholm Bauhaus Athletics Diamond League (international track and field competition) at Stadion.
- 10th- Katy Perry concert at Ericsson Globe Arena.
- 14th- Polar Music Prize (international music awards).
- 14th- Ed Sheeran concert at Friends Arena.
- 15th & 16th- Summerburst festival, with house music and international DJs, at Östermalms IP.
- 22nd to 24th- Midsummer weekend (major traditional Swedish holiday).
- 28th to July 1st- ÅF Offshore Race (major sailing regatta) in the harbor and archipelago.
Enjoy the midnight sun in the summer
This is always a slow month with events and festivals as it is when most Stockholmers have their summer vacation and tend to leave the city. But there will be concerts/entertainment at Gröna Lund and Skansen. The World Cup in football (soccer) will be going on in Russia between June 14th and July 15th. You can expect viewing parties, especially if Sweden makes it through the initial group phase!
- Start on the 27th- EuroPride (Europe's Gay Pride week), see below.
- July 27th to Aug 5th- EuroPride (Europe's Gay Pride week) at different venues through the city.
- 4th- Stockholm's gay pride parade through the city with thousands of participants and hundreds of thousands lining the streets.
- 11th & 12th- Let's Make Love Great Again. Two days of music, love and respect.
- 12th- The Royal Philharmonic's annual free concert outside the Maritime Museum.
- 14th to 19th- Stockholm Culture Festival (Kulturfestivalen) in the downtown area. Everything cultural, all free!
- 14th to 18th- We Are Sthlm! Youth festival in Kungsträdgården.
- 15th to 19th- Outdoor cinema, put on by the Stockholm Film Festival in Rålambshovs park.
- 18th- Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet), evening 10k race on Södermalm. Festival atmosphere.
- 22nd to 25th- Formex, largest fair for Scandinavian design, at Stockholm International Fairs.
- 24th to 26th- Weekend Festival Sweden. More information coming.
- 26th- Stockholm Triathlon.
- 22nd to 31st- Baltic Sea Festivalwith classical music at Berwaldhallen.
- 31st and Sept 1st- Popaganda music festival at Eriksdalsbadet.
Culture Festival, photo by Tove Freij/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 1st- Tjejmilen, women's 10k race (largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.
- 2nd- Sthlm Bike, bike race in the city.
- 15th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 27th to 29th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 29th & 30th- Autumn market at Skansen.
- 4th to 6th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 12th to 21st- Stockholm Jazz Festival 9 day long music festival at different veunes.
- 13th- (planned) The National Museum reopens after a longer renovation.
- 14th to 21st- IF Stockholm Open (tennis tournament) at the Royal Tennis Hall.
- 17th- Shania Twain concert at Ericsson Globe Arena
- 28th- clocks "fall back" one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
- 3rd- All Saints Day. Bank holiday.
- 4th- Shockholm Halloween parade.
- 7th to 18th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 9th to 11th- Stockholm Food & Wine Fair at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- Christmas market season starts (dates, venues to be announced- last year's markets).
Christmas at the NK department store
December (a month filled with Xmas themed events and happenings, more info when the season approaches)