|Photo by Henrik Trygg- Stockholm Visitors Bureau|
November 26th, 27th & 28th
Ooooh... lots going on this weekend! Horses, Santa, Freddy Kreuger and a gingerbread man or two. This weekend we celebrate första advent, the first of the four Advent Sundays before Christmas.
- The Stockholm International Horse Show is going on all three days at the Globe Arena located in southern Stockholm. This is the largest indoor equestrian event in the world. Plenty to see here... shows and competitions in dressage, jumping and hand driving. There will even be a royal in attendance as well as ponies and camels.
- Head down to the Stockholm Central train station to see the Gingerbread Factory... made out of approximately 1,000 kilograms of gingerbread. Take a chance to decorate and do some tasting! Santa will be there to supervise. Friday through Sunday, 10am to 6pm... entrance is free!
- Two conventions going on at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds in Älvsjö. We have both the Photography Convention with exhibitions, seminars and shopping. Then there is the Scandinavian Sci-Fi and Film Convention... plenty of sci-fi stars here and your chance to see Robert Englund (Freddy Kreuger)!
- A lot of Christmas Markets are starting this weekend including the ones at Skansen, the Royal Stables, Konstfack and in Kungsträdgården. For more detailed information, scroll down or click here!
- On Sunday, at 3pm, Stockholm's Christmas Tree will be lit. It is located on Skeppsbron waterfront in the Old Town (Gamla Stan). You can't miss it... it's huge! You can purchase some mulled wine (glögg) and snacks, listen to a children's choir and watch them light the tree.
- Lots in interesting exhibitions in museums and galleries this fall/winter. Click here (scroll down) and here for more information.