|Photo: Staffan Eliasson, Stockholm Visitors Board|
- Fotografiska (photography)- The Image of August Strindberg (May 11th to Sept 9th), Sally Mann (June 1st to Sept 30th) and ePic Olympic Moments (June 8th to August 19th).
- Moderna (modern art)- Explosion with 4x Jackson Pollock (June 2nd to September 9th) and Yoko Ono "Grapefruit" (June 6th to September 16th). To look forward to... Picasso/Duchamp (Aug 25th to March 3rd).
- National (classic art)- Passions (March 8th to Aug 12th), Modern Life (April 19th to Feb 3rd) and Slow Art (May 10th to Feb 3rd).
- Spritmuseum (wine & spirits)- The Absolut Art Collection (until January 2013).
- Nordiska (nordic traditions)- several exhibitions about Swedish handicrafts, of special note though is the showing of 16 of August Strindberg's paintings (as well as photography).
- Livrustkammaren (royal armoury)- a mini exhibition regarding royal baptism in celebration of the recent baptism of the new princess (until January 2013).
- Nobel (nobel prizes)- Sketches of Science- Photo Sessions with Nobel Laureates (June 9th to Sept 9th).
- Vasa Museum (warship Vasa)- Battle! (no end date)
- Stadsmuseum (Stockholm city)- Svalan, a city block in the 17th century (until further notice).
- A list of more exhibitions from Stockholm's Visitor Board.
There are, of course, plenty more museums and exhibitions. In fact, Stockholm has over 80 different museums. So if you are staying at the Rival Hotel and none of the above piques your interest... contact me and we'll find something to match your interests!