Restaurant E.A.T.

"Eat" might sound like a too obvious name for a restaurant, but it is actually an acronym for European Asian Taste... and on their menu you will find both Asian (mainly Chinese) and European favourites. I was curious about this concept so I visited the restaurant yesterday evening with a few friends for dinner.
To start off with, I have to admit that my visit didn't make me any wiser to their concept. I am a fan of fusion cuisine, but this isn't fusion in the regular sense where you might have a European dish infused with Asian tastes. Instead E.A.T. feels like two kitchens in one. For example, while a friend and I shared the "spicy but not too spicy Sichuan" multiple course menu another friend enjoyed a Salad Nicoise. I found it a little schizophrenic and for someone like me, who has a hard time making decisions, choosing something from the menu was a bit difficult. That being said, the food was delicious and the service was friendly and spot on! I especially enjoyed the seared scallops with mango, pickled chilli, cucumber and Chinese parsley. So... you could say that this is a good choice if you are several people who can't decide which restaurant/cuisine to choose for dinner. The perfect compromise?
The location is also a plus. It is located in the Mood shopping center in the downtown area, which I have blogged about earlier, and you can enter the restaurant either through the shopping center or it's own street entrance on Jakobsbergsgatan. It is easy to get to from the Rival Hotel... just four short stops on the subway (red line to Östermalmstorg, exit Stureplan/Birgerjarlsgatan), otherwise it is about a 8 minute taxi ride.


Comments

Popular Posts