Festivals & Events in Stockholm- Spring Summer 2013
click here!) Not a cloud in sight for the past couple of weeks and just about all of the snow has melted away. This means it is time to look forward and see what the warmer months of the year have in store for us. This is a calendar of big events and festivals in Stockholm- things that tend to draw a lot of visitors to the city. Lots of big concerts this year thanks, in part, to the new Friends Arena. Hopefully this calendar will help you plan your trip! I will be constantly adding events as I find them, so check back from time to time. I will also be writing more in depth about many of these events as the dates approach. Of course, if you are staying at the Rival Hotel and need more detailed information of what is going on in Stockholm during your visit... contact me directly!
- 13th- Eddie Izzard at Globe Arenas.
- 13th & 14th- Medieval Market in the park Kungsträdgården.
- 20th- Annual Cherry Blossom day in the park Kungsträdgården.
- 20th- Stockholm Culture Night- free admission to over 100 events. Museums stay open late, boat rides, concerts, etc;
- 20th to 24th- Justin Bieber at Friends Arena.
- 27th- The Gröna Lund amusement park opens for the summer!
- 30th- Walpurgis Eve (Valborgmässoafton) is celebrated throughout the city with bonfires. Skansen is a good place to go this evening.
- 1st- The Vasa Museum reopens after a few weeks of expansion/renovations.
- 1st- International Workers' Day (bank holiday). Political demonstrations in the city.
- 3rd through 19th- World Championships in Ice Hockey at the Globe Arenas.
- 3rd, 4th and 11th- Bruce Springsteen at Friends Arena.
- 7th- ABBA the Museum opens for business (within the larger Swedish Music Hall of Fame).
- 8th- One Direction at Friends Arena.
- 9th- Ascension Day (bank holiday).
- 19th- The finals for the World Championships in Ice Hockey (see above).
- 24th to 26th- Elitloppet. Harness racing with horses at Solvalla.
- 25th- Josh Groban at Globe Arenas.
- 26th- Pink at Globe Arenas.
- 29th- Beyonce at Globe Arenas.
- 1st- KISS at Friends Arena.
- 1st- Stockholm Marathon. A good day to leave your car at home and take the subway!
- 4th to 9th- Early Music Festival in Gamla Stan. Renaissance, Baroque and Medieval music concerts.
- 5th to 9th- A Taste of Stockholm. Restaurant festival in Kungsträdgården park. Food, drink & music!
- 6th- Swedish National Holiday (bank holiday). Once again, Skansen is a good place to go to celebrate.
- 8th- The wedding of HRH Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O'Neill.
- 13th to 15th- Hultsfred Festival. Iconic music festival moving to Stockholm this year.
- 14th & 15th- Summerburst Festival (club/electronic music) at Stadion.
- 15th- Rod Stewart at Globe Arenas.
- 21st to 23rd- Midsummer celebrations. Arguably, the biggest holiday in Sweden (bank holiday on Friday). The best place to celebrate? Skansen!
July (generally a slower month, event-wise, because many Swedes have vacation and leave the city.
- 13th- Iron Maiden at Friends Arena.
- 22nd- Rihanna at Globe Arenas.
- 27th- Concert with Benny Andersson Orchestra at Galejan at Skansen.
- 28th- The finals of Women's European Football Championships at Friends Arena. Playoff games throughout Sweden from July 8th.
- 30th to August 3rd- Stockholm Gay Pride Festival.
- July 30th to August 3rd- Stockholm Gay Pride Festival. Parade through the city on Saturday!
- 2nd to 4th- Music & Arts Festival. Several artists, including... Prince!
- 13th to 18th- The Stockholm Culture Festival. Free, free, free! Everything "cultural".
- 13th to 17th- Ung08 (youth festival- also free!).
- 15th- Leonard Cohen at Globe Arenas.
- 17th- Midnattsloppet. Late evening 10K run around the island of Södermalm. Festival atmosphere!
- 18th- DN outdoor concert with the Royal Philharmonic in Gärdet.
- 22nd- DN Galan. International track & field meet at Stadion.
- 23rd- The amusement park Gröna Lund turns 130 years old!
- 23rd to 30th- Baltic Sea Music Festival.
- 24th- Opening part for the new Tele2 Arena with Robyn, Kent and Lars Winnerbäck.
- 24th & 25th- Stockholm Triathlon.