Best Restaurants Awarded in the White Guide 2014
White Guide. What I like about the White Guide is that it is a complete guide to restaurants in all of Sweden, done by Swedes (as opposed to international guides- like the Michelin Guide). The awards are given in a wide array of categories and Stockholm restaurants nabbed many top spots... though this year has seen more restaurants from the rest of Sweden getting awards, which is good news for Sweden! Stockholm restaurants also feature prominently on the White Guide's lists of Swedish restaurants in the categories "International Master Class" and "Master Class". Here are how Stockholm restaurants fared...
Stockholm restaurants in Sweden's International Master Class (placing on list in parantheses):
- Best Restaurant: Esperanto Second year in a row...
- Best Culinary Experience: Oaxen Krog
- Up-and-Comer of the Year: Lilla Ego
- Swedish Gastronomic Accolade of the Year: Stefano Catenacci from Operakällaren
|Best Culinary Experience: Oaxen Krog!|
- Esperanto (1)
- Oaxen Krog (3) New on the list!
- Mathias Dahlgren Matsalen (4)
- Restaurant Frantzén (5)
- Gastrologik (7)
- Operakällaren (8)
- F12 (10)
- Restaurant Jonas (14)
- Mathias Dahlgren Matbaren (15)
- Ekstedt (23)
- Grossmans (25)
- Råkultur (26)
- Lilla Ego (28)
- Volt (33)
- Pubologi (35)
|The winners at Esperanto. Photo from White Guide.|