|The Rival... Hotel & Theatre!|
- Nov. 16th- Sophie Zelmani. Acoustic rock & folk. Popular Swedish singer & songwriter who sings in English. Several of her songs have been used by Hollywood (Independence Day, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawson's Creek, etc.).
- Nov. 21st & 22nd- Thomas Andersson Wij. Pop/rock music. Another popular Swedish singer & songwriter... and good friend of the Rival. He has actually released an album called "Live på Rival (Live at the Rival)" in 2005.
- Nov. 24th- Tommy Körberg. Pop/musical/schlager. Perhaps one of Sweden's most beloved and well known performers. Known by non Swedish speakers for his career in musical theatre (Chess) and collaborations with Benny Andersson.
- Nov. 27th- Owe Thörnqvist. Pop/rock/schlager. Sweden's #1 troubadour! Owe is on tour this year celebrating his 85th(!) birthday.
- Nov. 29th- Nashville Country Music Night. Country. Featuring Caroline Larsson and the Music City Band. Concert featuring some of the greatest country songs of all time... Dolly Parton, Rascal Flatts, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift and much more.
- Dec. 1st- World AIDS Day Concert. December 1st is World AIDS Day. This charity concert features some of Sweden's most popular artists like Shirley Clamp, Peter Jöback, Cirkus Cirkör and Diamond Dogs and raises money for the HIV organization Noaks Ark.
- Dec. 9th- Julen Är Här! (Christmas is Here!). Christmas concert with Peter Johansson, Matilda Grün and Jesper Sjöberg. Get into the holiday spirit...
- Dec. 12th & 13th- Sarah Dawn Finer. Soul & pop. One of Sweden's best voices and known for both her work on stage and at the Melodifestival. This is part of her "Vinterland" tour... featuring songs with a winter theme.
- Dec. 18th & 19th- P-Floyd. Rock. This is a popular Swedish Pink Floyd tribute band. Let them take you back in time with some of Pink Floyd's greatest hits.
Some great artists and a wide range of musical genre! More information, calendar and tickets can be found here. Advance tickets can't be purchased at the Rival. Instead they are sold online or you can also purchase them at Stockholm Visitor Center or other ticket outlet. If you are going to stay at the Rival Hotel, contact me directly for any extra assistance.
|A few of the artists performing at the Rival...|