|Skeppsbron, photo by: Ola Ericson/imagebank.sweden.se|
- Getting to Stockholm from the Arlanda airport.
- Ports & docks in Stockholm for cruise ships.
- Tax Free Shopping, how to get your refund.
- Airport websites: Arlanda (main airport), Bromma and Skavsta (how to get to and from Skavsta).
- Main train company is called SJ. Information about Central Train Station.
Getting Around the City
- Taxis in Sweden.
- Public transportation (SL- subways, busses, commuter trains, trams and ferries). The Rival sells 24/72 hour cards to hotel guests.
- Ferries to Djurgården.
- Street cars to Djurgården.
- Stockholm City Bikes.
Sightseeing (multiple blog articles, but here are links to the individual company websites)
- Strömma (boats, busses, hop-on/off, day trips and more).
- Stockholm Our Way
- Guided Food Tours
- Free Tours Stockholm
- Festivals & Events calendar for this summer.
- What to expect on Midsummer weekend (June 19th-21st)
- Shopping Guide & Map and Outlet Shopping.
- Swedish massage?
- Main website for archipelago.
- Tips on what to keep in mind when visiting the islands: click here and here.
- Day trip to Vaxholm.
- Day trip to Drottningholm (not in the archipelago, but still a boat trip)
- Summer art exhibitions
- History museums
- ABBA the Museum and Mamma Mia the Party!
- Gamla Stan
- Vikings, Vikings and more Vikings.
- Handy museum app.
Handy Tips and Great Websites
- Gay & Lesbian Guides and club calendar.
- Visit Stockholm
- Visit Djurgården (national city park in the city with many attractions)
This is really just some highlights and top tips. If you are booked at the Rival Hotel... contact me directly if you need assistance or more information.
|Strandvägen, photo by: Henrik Trygg/imagebank.sweden.se|