|Mayo, Coups de Bâtons, 1937 © Mayo Bildupphovsrätt|
From "Art et Liberté" at Moderna.
- Fotografiska (photography)- the main spring exhibition is fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth "Devotion! 30 Years of Photographing Women" (until May 20th). Other exhibitions this season include "The Extraordinary World of Christian Tagliavini" (until June 10th) and Hans Strand "Manmade Land" (April 6th to May 27th).
- Moderna (modern art)- "Concrete Matters" (until May 13th), "Lygia Pape: Ttéia 1,C" (until May 13th) and "Art et Liberté" (April 28th to August 12th) are three of their spring exhibits. Don't miss their permanent collection as well.
- ArkDes (architecture & design)- no exhibitions this spring as they are redoing the museum (all done by June 1st). In the meantime you can still visit the museum to see the what they are doing as well as listen to a series of lectures called Planetary Protocols.
Katsushika Hokusai "The Great Wave off Kanagawa"
at Millesgården this spring.
- Millesgården (sculpture garden and art)- Most people visit the museum for their beautiful sculpture garden, but they do have temporary exhibitions and the current one is "Weaving Silk" (until May 6th) after which they will be having a very special exhibition for two weeks only with the work of Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai (May 19th to June 3rd).
- National (classic art)- reopening, after a longer renovation, on October 13th, 2018.
- Kulturhuset (mixed art)- the current exhibition is "The Free Photographers' Department 2018" featuring the work of 100 photographers, from professionals to amateurs (until April 22nd) and a coming exhibition is "Being Alexander Lerwick" (April 6th to August 5th).
- Thielska Galleriet (fine art, Scandinavian)- besides their great collection of Scandinavian Masters, they have temporary exhibits like "When Japan Came to Värmland" (until June 3rd).
- Artipelag (art museum in archipelago setting)- their current exhibition is "Bloomsbury Spirit" (until September 30th). Enjoy the beautiful countryside as well.
Photo: National Portrait Gallery. Lytton Strachey painted by Dora Carrington.
Part of the Bloomsbury Spirit exhibition at Artipelag.
- Prins Eugen Waldemarsudde (fine art, Scandinavian)- they have several current exhibitions, like Suzy Strindberg (until April 22nd), Alexander Klingspor (until May 27th) and Sigrid Hjertén (until August 26th). Don't miss visiting Prince Eugen's home and collection when you are there.
- Liljevalchs (contemporary art)- upcoming exhibitions include Market Art Fair (April 13th to 15th) and Petra Gipp (April 27th to May 13th).
- Bonniers Konsthall (contemporary art)- their current exhibitions are Jens Fänge (until April 1st) and the 2017 Grant Recipients of the Maria Bonnier Dahlin Foundation (until April 29th). Later in the season they will be showing "Edgar Cleijne and Ellen Gallagher" (April 25th to June 3rd).
- Sven-Harry's Konsthall (mixed art)- "Secrets of Couture" is running until (April 8th) and after that they will be showing "The World of Peter Dahl" (May 4th until Aug 19th).
|"Train in Heaven" by Peter Dahl at Sven-Harrys Konstmuseum|
Photo: Lars Engelhardt, Waldemarsudde
If art isn't your cup of tea, Stockholm has many other museums covering all types of subjects like history, music, sports, military, natural history, technology and much more. Click here to find out more!