|Medieval Museum (Medeltidsmuseet)|
|Museum of Natural History (Naturhistoriskamuseet)|
- Architecture and Design Center- The Stockholm center for architecture and design, housed in the same building as Moderna (modern art museum).
- Armémuseum (The Army Museum)- a look at Sweden's military past and peace keeping present.
- Etnografiska museet (Museum of Ethnography)- dedicated to cultures and peoples of the world.
- Hallwylska museet- art and history museum located in a palace from the late 1800's owned by von Hallwyl family. Some special exhibitions may have an entrance fee..
- Historiska museet (Swedish History Museum)- focused on the history of Sweden... including the Viking era.
- Kungliga myntkabinettet (The Royal Coin Cabinet)- museum of economy as well as the history of money and finance.
- Livrustkammaren (The Royal Armoury)- a look at Swedish royal history through their clothing, costumes, armour and carriages.
- Marabou Park (contemporary art gallery)- gallery located in the suburbs of Stockholm in a former cocoa labrotory.
- Medelhavsmuseet (Mediterranean Museum)- dedicated to the history and culture of the Mediterranean area (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc.).
- Medeltidsmuseet (Museum of Medieval History)- how did Stockholm look in the Middle Ages? What was life like for Medieval Stockholmers? Actually not state run (run by the city), but still free entrance as of January 1st.
Museum of Swedish History (Historiska Museet)
- Moderna museet- Stockholm's museum of modern art. Certain temporary exhibits may have an entrance fee, but their permanent collection is always free to visit.
- Nationalmuseum (the National Museum)- Sweden's museum of art and design. Currently closed for renovations, they reopen in October.
- Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Museum of Natural History)- a look at the history of the natural world from dinosaurs to today. Entrance fee still for their IMAX theatre Cosmonova.
- Riksidrottmuseet (Museum of Sports)- museum of sports and the history of sports.
- Sjöhistoriska museet (Maritime Museum)- dedicated to naval and shipping history.
- Skokloster Castle- one of the best preserved Baroque castles in Europe, with museum. Located just outside of Stockholm. .
- Östasiatiska museet (Museum of Far East Antiquities)- houses art and sculpture from the Far East (Japan, China, Korea, etc.).
The Royal Armoury (Livrustkammaren)