Restaurant Kryp In Södermalm

For many years, one of my favorite restaurants to send hotel guests to has been Kryp In in the old town (Gamla Stan). Great Swedish cuisine, cozy ambiance and personable service. So we were really happy when they opened a second restaurant, called Kryp In Södermalm, just two blocks from the hotel. Location. "Södermalm" is the name of the area/island where the restaurant and hotel are both found. Same great food, ambiance and service... now just a five minute walk from the Hotel Rival.
My cousin from southern Sweden was visiting me last weekend so I took her to Kryp In Södermalm for dinner on Saturday after I got off from work. The restaurant is not large, with seating for around 26 persons as well as a few seats at a food bar. The size and the dark woods in the interior gives the restaurant a real nice cozy feeling.
The menu contains many of the same dishes, or variations of the same dishes, as are found on the menu of their sister restaurant in Gamla Stan. This makes me happy as I am a fan of that menu... seasonal Swedish ingredients mixed with a few continental cuisine dishes.
My cousin and I love oysters, so we started with a three each, served with a shallot vinaigrette. For the main course, I took a seasonal favorite... grilled white asparagus served with bearnaise sauce and bleak roe while my cousin took the classic seafood stew with aioli. Everything was delicious and the service was friendly and attentive! Unfortunately, we didn't take any dessert as we were going to the photography museum Fotografiska afterwards.
You can book a table on their website, just click on "boka bord" and then the British flag. Otherwise, if you are staying at the Hotel Rival, contact me directly for assistance. I would say, as it isn't a large restaurant, that booking in advance (especially on a weekend) is advisable. Click here for other restaurant recommendations.

Comments

Popular Posts