Restaurant Hantverket


I really haven't made many posts about restaurants over the past year... for obvious reasons. Even though restaurants have been open with restrictions in Sweden during the pandemic (closing at 8pm, limited amount of people at a table, etc), I just haven't gone out much with the exception of last summer when I visited several arhcipelago restaurants. But with the vaccinations rolling out and the numbers of infections dropping, I am starting to get out again!


I visited the restaurant Hantverket last week with a Les Clefs d'Or colleague for lunch. The restaurant has been open for a few years and has a great reputation. It has been on my list of places to visit but things kept getting in the way. One of my closest friends actually worked there for a while and invited me to stop by for dinner and even then plans fell apart. So, I was very happy to finally get a chance to visit! And the restaurant definitely lived up to its reputation.

Translated, Hantverket means "the craft" and they serve modern, artisinal Swedish cuisine. They use a lot of Swedish ingredients but then pair them together with international tastes. As I mentioned, we were at Hantverket for lunch and I had the daily lunch special, which was a tri-tip steak with tomato relish, potatoes and harticot verts while my colleague took the Waldorf sallad with smoked Arctic char. It was all delicious, the wine pairings were spot on and the service was great.

We sat at the food bar, looking at the chefs work, which I always like to do. Casual dining with a show! The restaurant interior is a perfect mix of elegance with a laid back feel. Hantverket is located in the downtown area, just off of Humlegård Park. The easiest way to get to the restaurant from Hotel Rival is by subway (red line) to the station Stadion. From the station it is just a 2-3 block walk to the restaurant. Otherwise it is about a 10 minute taxi ride. 

I took the photos after the lunch seating in order to avoid taking pictures of guests! But you can see that there is ample spacing between the tables. Besides that, the restaurant follows all other guidelines as set out by the governemnts healthy agency in order the ensure their guests' safety and health. 

Comments

Popular Posts