Tip #12 - Internet Research Tools
- Stockholm Visitors Board's official site. Great overview!
- Destination Stockholm
- Visit Stockholm or, if you are travelling around Sweden: Visit Sweden
- The City of Stockholm's official website
- Trip Advisor read what other travellers think about the hotel, restaurants and attractions. Need advice? Check their forum.
- What's Up Stockholm good site on what is happening in Stockholm. Unfortunately, they use Google Translate for the English version so it can cause a few laughs.
- WikiTravel's Stockholm page
- What's On Stockholm click on the British flag in the left hand corner.
- Sweden.se The "official gateway to Sweden". Lots of quick facts.
- Arlanda International Airport's webpage.
I always check the weather of the place I'm heading to a few days before departing (helps with the packing!). Weather forecasting is not an exact science... so it is good to check several forecasts. Somewhere inbetween you'll get the correct forecast!
There are free maps to get at the tourist information center and the hotel, but sometimes it is good to take a peek at a map before arriving to get your bearings.
- Google Maps Good for zooming in and out.
- Map of Stockholm in pdf format.
- Map of Sweden in pdf format.
- Stockholm subway system in pdf format.
A few sites in Swedish (for those that speak the language):
- Dagens Nyheter One of Sweden's leading newspapers. Their supplement (På Stan) on happenings in the city.
- Allt om Stockholm The newspaper Aftonbladet's version...