|Illustration: Beatrix Potter|
- At the photography museum Fotografiska it is the last days of their fashion photography exhibition (I'll be going there tomorrow to say farewell). Chris Makos photos of Andy Warhol will continue through March, otherwise two new exhibitions start on January 14th... one with Sarah Moon and the other with Nils Olof Hedenskog & Joakim Brolin.
- Moderna Museet, the modern art museum, has two new exhibitions coming up. First out is a retrospective from Eva Löfdahl (February 5th to May 1st) followed by a showing of the work of French photographer Jeanloup Sieff (February 19th to May 22nd).
- The National Museum is still showing their fascinating exhibition Staging Power, a look at how three rulers in the 1800's conveyed their power through art. Last day: January 23rd. Taking its place is Shimmering Silver, a showing of art in silver from 1550 to today (January 27th through March 2012). Another interesting upcoming exhibition is Lust & Vice, a look "how views of sexuality, vice and morality have changed over the centuries". Start March 24th.
- The statuary park and museum Millesgården has one of my favorite upcoming exhibitions... the illustrations of Beatrix Potter (January 29th to May 15th). Who hasn't read her wonderfully written and illustrated stories of Peter Rabbit?
- Prince Eugen's Waldermarsudde is still showing their wonderul exhibition of Anders Zorn through January 30th. Several good upcoming exhibitions, including GAN and Lars Wallin.
- The museum of science, Tekniska, will be having a much anticipated exhibition: Nasa- A Human Adventure. It is the world premiere of this international exhibition featuring 400+ artifacts, some shown for the first time! January 28th to November 6th (when it goes on a tour of Europe and America).
|photo by Lars Engelhardt, art by Anders Zorn!|
Looking further ahead! The biggest news in the world of Stockholm museums this year will be happening at the Vasa Museum, Stockholm's #1 tourist draw. This April 24th marks 50 years since the ship was raised from the waters of the Baltic. It will be celebrated with a 2 week long party. More info to follow!