A Rerun of Summer 2013 Stockholm Tips
|View of City Hall from the Western Bridge (Västerbron).|
- Getting to the Rival Hotel from Arlanda airport... click here for options!
- Several large festivals in August. Otherwise there is a whole calendar of summer events and festivals.
- There are plenty of art exhibitions going on in the city... three big ones are Jean-Paul Gaultier at the Architecture & Design Center, Pop Art & Design at Moderna and Helmut Newton at Fotografiska.
- The classic art museum, National Museum, is closed for four years for renovations. In the meantime they will be having temporary exhibits at Konstakademien. This summer it is an exhibit on Carl Larsson.
- Besides art museums, here are some of the top points of interest in Stockholm: Vasa Museum, Gamla Stan, the (newly opened) ABBA Museum, Skansen as well as City Hall.
- Click here for a collection of restaurants that I have visited in the past three years (and can recommend). Though keep in mind that several of the top tier restaurants are closed for a few weeks during the summer, many until early/mid August. Otherwise you can visit one of the many summer outdoor restaurants.
- Want to visit the beautiful archipelago? Here are some good tips on what to consider when planning your day trip! Or else you can take a boat trip to beautiful Drottningholm Palace.
- Strömma is the main sightseeing company in Stockholm and offers a wide range of sightseeing options, including by foot, bus, boat or a combination. My favorite comprehensive tour of the city is the boat tour called Under the Bridges.
- Interested in a walking tour of the city? There are several good companies, including Stockholm Our Way. On a budget? Try one of the free walking tours! These are all mainly general tours of the city. For more "themed" walks, you have both the ABBA Walk and the Millennium (Girl with the Dragon tattoo) Walk. Want to walk on your own? Some great city/nature walks including going around Djurgården island, across the Western Bridge and the new waterfront promenade on Kungsholmen.
- Want to have the freedom of biking in the city? We have the Stockholm City Bikes as well as Bike Tours.
- Finally... it is summer and Stockholm is a city of islands, surrounded by water. So head to the beach or else rent a kayak for a fun way to get around.
Besides keeping an eye on my fabulous blog... check the Visit Stockholm website for great tips and recommendations. Happy Summer!