Winter Art Exhibitions
- Fotografiska (photography): several great exhibitions! The main one is a look at Elliott Erwitt's 65 year long career (until Mar 2nd). The Jill Greenberg exhibit has been garnering both attention and some controversy (until Feb 9th). Also... only a few more days to see the Paolo Roversi exhibit (until Jan 12th).
- Moderna (modern art): only a few more days left to see the popular Cindy Sherman exhibition (until Jan 19th). Coming up are two much anticipated exhibits... Dance Machines: From Léger to Kraftwerk (Jan 22nd to April 27th) and Gabriel Orozco: Natural Motion (Feb 14th to May 4th).
- National (classic art) is still closed for renovations, but in the meantime they have temporary exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts (Konstakademien). They are currently showing a retrospective of Hans Gedda (until March 30th), one of Sweden's most famous photographers.
- Center for Achitecture and Design: The current exhibit is... Light Houses- Young Nordic Architecture (until Feb 16th) as well as their permanent exhibit on Architecture in Sweden.
- Bergsrummet: Don't miss the African Masterpieces which runs until Feb 23rd!
- Millesgården (art gallery and sculpture garden): Mettle and Modernity continues until Feb 9th, after which the main exhibit, which I am really looking forward to, will be Man Ray (Feb 22nd to June 8th).
- Thielska Galleriet (art museum/gallery): a few more days left of Russia 1900-1913 (until Jan 12th), still no info on coming exhibitions... but they always have a great permanent collection to view!
- Liljevalchs (art museum/gallery): their traditional "Spring Salon" runs from Jan 24th to March 23rd.
- Waldermarsudde (art museum/gallery): click here for current and upcoming exhibitions, but they do include Skagen: A Scandinavian Artists' Colony, Carl Malmsten and Karl Nordström.
|© All rights reserved|
Photographer: Cecilia Heisser/Nationalmuseum ©Hans Gedda
Other good art galleries to check out are... Bonniers Konsthall, Sven-Harry's Konstmuseum, Hallwyl Museum and Magasin 3. If you are staying at the Rival Hotel and are looking for other types of museums or want more information about the museums/exhibitions listed above... contact me directly!
|Man Ray 1960, foto: Christer Strömholm/BVS Strömholm|