Calender of Festivals and Events 2019
|Stockholm Views, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
|Misty Morning, photo by Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com|
- 10th- Michelle Obama at Ericsson Globe.
- 18th to 22nd- Easter Week. Bank holidays on the 19th and 22nd.
- 27th- Stockholm Culture Night. All things cultural, all free.
- 27th- The amusement park Gröna Lund opens for the season.
- 30th- Valborgsmässoafton (Walpurgis Eve). Bonfires and singing!
Photo: Henrik Trygg/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 1st- International Workers' Day (Labour Day). Bank holiday.
- 2nd to 4th- Swedish House Mafia at Tele2 Arena.
- 4th- Darin at Ericsson Globe.
- 16th- Rod Stewart at Ericsson Globe.
- 21st- Mumford & Sons at Ericsson Globe.
- 25th to 27th- Elitloppet. Popular (harness) horse racing championships at Solvalla.
- 26th- Mothers' Day in Sweden!
- 30th- Kristi Himmerfärds Dag (Ascension Day). Bank holiday.
- 30th- Stockholm Bauhaus Athletics Diamond League (international track & field competition) at Stadion.
- 1st- Stockholm Marathon. Major city-wide sporting event.
- 2nd- Backstreet Boys at Ericsson Globe.
- 4th- Bon Jovi at Tele2 Arena.
- 4th to 9th- Stockholm Early Music Festival. Baroque, Renaissance and Medievalk music in different old town venues.
- 5th to 9th- A Taste of Stockholm food festival. Food, drink, music and cooking. Free entrance.
- 6th- Swedish National Holiday.
- 8th- Eagles at Tele2 Arena.
- 8th- Stockholm Swim-run.
- 11th- Mark Knopfler at Ericsson Globe.
- 11th- Polar Music Prize (international music awards).
- 12th- Phil Collins at Friends Arena.
- 13th to 16th- Longines Global Champions Tour (equestrian) at Stadion.
- 21st to 23rd- Midsummer Weekend. Major holiday in Sweden.
- 26th- Bob Dyland at Ericsson Globe.
- 27th to July 3rd- ÅF Offshore Race (major sailing regatta) in harbor and archipelago, main race starts on June 30th.
- 28th to 30th- Lollapalooza Festival at Gärdet.
Boat race Stockholm
Photo: Visit Stockholm/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
This is always a slow month with events and festivals as it is when most Stockholmers have their summer vacation and tend to leave the city. But there will be concerts/entertainment at Gröna Lund and Skansen.
- 27th to August 4th- Stockholm Pride Week. The Nordic region's largest gay pride celebration.
- July 27th to Aug 4th- Stockholm Pride Week.
- 2nd- Benny Andersson's Orchestra (BAO) at Skansen.
- 3rd- Stockholm's gay pride parade through the city with thousands of participants and hundreds of thousands of spectators.
- 3rd- Pink at Tele2 Arena.
- 10th- Major football match between Atletico de Madrid and Juventus at Friends Arena.
- 11th- The Royal Philharmonic's annual free concert outside the Maritime Museum.
- 13th to 17th- Stockholm Cultural Festival. All things cultural, free admission.
- 14th to 18th- We Are Sthlm yourth festival.
- 14th to 18th- Outdoor cinema, put on by the Stockholm Film Festival in Rålambshovs park.
- 17th- Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet), evening 10k race on Södermalm. Festival atmosphere.
- 20th to 23rd- Formex, largest fair for Scandinavian design, at Stockholm International Fairs.
- 24th to 31st- Baltic Sea Festival (with classic music) at Berwaldhallen.
- 30th & 31st- Summerburst Festival, with house music and international DJ's, at Östermalms IP.
- 31st- Tjejmilen, women's 10k race (largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.
Tjejmilen! Photo by Edward Beskow/Luca Mara (Tjejmilen)
- 1st- Sthlm Bike, bike race in the city.
- 3rd to 7th- Stockholm Fringe Festival (performance art and experimental theatre).
- 7th- Stockholm Half Marathon.
- 26th to 28th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 1) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 28th & 29th- Autumn market at Skansen.
- 1st- Johan Mayer at Ericsson Globe.
- 3rd to 5th- Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival (part 2) at Nackastrandsmässan.
- 7th- Ariana Grande at Ericsson Globe.
- 10th to 20th- Stockholm Jazz Festival 11 day long music festival at different veunes.
- 13th to 20th- Intrum Stockholm Open (tennis).
- 17th- Cher at Friends Arena.
- 23rd- Michael Bublé at Ericsson Globe.
- 27th- clocks "fall back" one hour (Daylight Savings Time).
Autumn in Stockholm
Photo by: Helén Pe/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- 2nd- Shockholm Halloween parade.
- 3rd- All Saints' Day. Bank holiday.
- 6th to 17th- Stockholm International Film Festival.
- 8th to 10th- Stockholm Food & Wine Fair at the Stockholm International Fairgrounds.
- Nov 28th to Dec 1st- Sweden International Horse Show at Friends Arena.
- End of the month- Christmas market season starts (dates, venues to be announced- last year's markets).
December (a month filled with Xmas themed events and happenings, more info when the season approaches)