August- a Busy Month in Stockholm!
|Free concert with the Royal Philharmonic|
Photo by Jeppe Wikström/mediabank.visitstockholm.com
- July 27th to Aug 4th- Stockholm Gay Pride Week. Things going on all through the city, but the main area (Pride Park) is at Östermalms IP. Music, performances, food & drink.
- 2nd- Benny Andersson's Orchestra (BAO) concert at Skansen.
- 2nd & 3rd- Rainbow Weekend. Pride's competition/compliment... this one with free entrance at Kungsträdgården. Music, performances, food & drink.
- 3rd- Stockholm's gay pride parade through the city with thousands of participants and hundreds of thousands of spectators lining the streets.
Stockholm Pride Parade
Photograph: Olav Holten
- 3rd- Pink concert at Tele2 Arena.
- 10th- Major football match between Atletico de Madrid and Juventus at Friends Arena.
- 11th- The Royal Philharmonic's annual free concert (starting at 2pm) outside the Maritime Museum. A beloved summer tradition.
- 13th to 17th- Stockholm Cultural Festival. All things cultural (music, dance, literature, art, etc.), free admission. The theme this year is "outer space". Lots to see and do!
- 14th to 18th- We Are Sthlm yourth festival. Free music and performances. Geared to a younger crowd.
- 14th to 18th- Outdoor cinema, put on by the Stockholm International Film Festival in Rålambshovs park. All five movies this year have strong connections to the Stockholm Film Festival.
- 17th- Midnight Race (Midnattsloppet), evening 10k race on Södermalm. Festival atmosphere with dj's, samba dancers and more lining the streets. Serious racers and people running in costumes.
- 20th to 23rd- Formex, largest fair for Scandinavian design, at Stockholm International Fairs.
- 24th to 31st- Baltic Sea Festival (with classic music) at Berwaldhallen. Musicians from around the Baltic.
- 28th to 31st- Dragon Boat Races (Drakbåtskampen). Fun races with Chinese dagon boats next to the Maritime Museum.
- 30th & 31st- Summerburst Festival, with house music and international DJ's, at Östermalms IP.
- 31st- Tjejmilen, women's 10k race (largest of its kind in the world) around Djurgården.