Seafood Restaurants in Stockholm
|At the fish mongers in Hötorgshallen|
|Fresh halibut with shrimps and champagne sauce at Wedholms Fisk|
- Wedholms Fisk- high-end and considered one of Sweden's top seafood restaurants.
- Sturehof- popular with locals. While they have meat & vegetarian dishes, most people go here for the seafood.
- Stockholm Fisk- "fisk" is the Swedish word for fish, so the name says it all...
- B.A.R.- their concept is that they resemble a high-end food market, where you go to the counter and choose your cut of meat or fish.
- Stim- seafood prepared over a charcoal grill. "Stim" is the Swedish word for a school of fish.
- Räkan- a Gothenburg restaurant that has opened up in Stockholm. Lots of fresh, west coast shellfish.
- Fjäderholmarnas Krog- archipelago restaurant in idyllic setting, great seafood on the menu.
|Oysters and löjrom (bleak roe) at Sturehof.|
There are two main indoor food markets in Stockholm, Östermalms Saluhall and Hötorgshallen, where you will find fish mongers plying their trade. In both markets they also have several lunch restaurants where the fish comes fresh, directly from the mongers. Especially at Östermalms Saluhall where you have both Lisa Elmqvist and Melanders Fisk. When the food market closes in the evening, Lisa Elmqvist stays open with a special entrance from Sibyllegatan. Melanders Fisk can also be found at a few other locations in the city for dining in the evening.
|The restaurant Lisa Elmqvist has its own fish monger at Östermalms Saluhall.|
More interested in traditional Swedish cuisine? Click here to find out the best Stockholm restaurants serving Swedish cuisine. More interested in the Baltic Sea, its fisheries and ecosystem? Then don't miss a visit to the new Baltic Sea Science Center at Skansen. Want to catch your own fish in Stockholm? It is possible! One company that also offers fishing excursions is Catch & Relax.