- Iceland- The Good Heart (in English)
- Norway- Upperdog (English subtitles)
- Finland- Steam of Life (Finnish w/ Swedish subtitles)
- Denmark- Submarino (English subtitles)
- Sweden- Metropia (in English)
The criteria a film needs to meet to be nominated is to be "rooted in Nordic culture and of high artistic quality. It must also stand out through its artistic originality, and refine the many elements of film in a convincing and integrated work." So viewing one of these movies on a chilly autumn day might be the perfect way to immerse yourself in Nordic culture! Two movies will be shown each day, so you have a couple of chances to see each film. Kulturhuset is located on Sergel's Square in the downtown area. If you are interested in seeing one of these movies, please contact me at the hotel for more information on times and tickets.